Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you know that recently my dd was moved to Montessori out from under a new preschool teacher who was rigid, shaming, spiteful, and just horrid for children, both as a model and directly in her treatment of them.

During the time she was exposed to that, dd had a real degeneration in her behavior. Her imaginative play became aggressive and hostile. Everyone was constantly 'in trouble' and 'in time out'. For the first time, I knew the last names of all her classmates because in her play at home she would shout "Hannah Smith! You are bad! Austin Jones! Go to time out right now!"

She also became very manic and unfocused, and for the first time ever, had difficulty sitting still to hear a story, or just cuddling together as we have always done
. She would turn around in my lap, grab my face in her hand (pinching your cheeks, the way some adults do to children) and shout "listen to me! You're not listening, young lady!" Of course, the teacher had never done that in front of me, but I'd seen her bend over, take a child by the chin and force them to look into her face while she berated them
:. I don't have any doubt where dd was picking up those awful phrases and actions.

It's been a couple of weeks now out from under that woman, and dd is starting to return to her wonderful, gentle spirit. I was watching her play with her stuffed animals today and, instead of 'punishing' them, she carefully tucked them into bed, speaking softly and lovingly. When one of them 'cried', she stroked it's cheek gently, saying "it's okay, sweetheart. It's okay."
:

My poor sweet girl

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
Well, she's her own best therapist isn't she? It's nice to see that she seems to be working out the issues and is returning to a state of equilibrium.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
i'm glad she's coming back!
poor thing
is there an update on that horrible "teacher"? weren't you reporting her or something?

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
Yay...best thing about kids..they do bounce back...how are YOU doing? Mamas don't bounce as easily sometimes

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Oh wow, that is so sad! I am sorry that those kids had that teacher. It sounds like you are reporting her, which clearly needs to happen.

I am so glad to hear that your dd is working out her feelings and getting back to her gentle self.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.