Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday Nov. 14th at 3:00 I felt a little gush. I walked to the bathroom thinking I peed the bed and muttering to myself. I had another gush in the toilet and started to have some nice sized contractions. I tried to go back to bed but couldn't these contractions were very hard but fast rushed. At 4:30 I woke up DH and got him to push on my back. I wasn't doing very well with the pain and kept looking at the clock. I didn't know how I was going to do this for so many hours if I was starting to break already
I phoned Aubin my Doula/ Big sister at 5:00 and she came to the house about 15-20 minutes later. I felt like such a dork calling her this early and thought she'd come over and tell me to "suck it up" so I didn't phone my other doula Jen yet.
Aubin came it to the bedroom and helped me to keep breathing. I can't believe it is so hard not to seize up and fight the contractions. I'd been wanting to feel contractions for weeks and now that I did I had a change of heart and wanted to keep the baby in, just a little longer. lol. Aubin phoned the midwife and Jen giving them all a heads up. Jen started to head over, all of us thinking we had hours.
My contractions were about 30 seconds apart but not very long. I was expecting a marathon labour so I was going to head over to the hospital and get the antibiotics for the GBS.
Aubin suggested a shower before we left, and it was lovely but no one could push on my back while I was in there so I had to get out. The hot water made my contractions so much stronger and I told DH I couldn't do this anymore. In my head I was thinking "WOW I'm not suppose to say that until transition, god I wish this was transition, how am I going to do this for so many hours."
I got out of the shower and Aubin went to get me some pants. The student midwife was going to meet us at the hospital to see how I was and see the GBS procedure, but we didn't make it.
I had one big contraction and I grunted a little, not really pushing but nudging. I remember Aubin saying "Hmmm You shouldn't make those pushing noises they make people nervous"
I though I had to go to the washroom and I reached down and there was her head.
I yelled to Aubin that her head was coming out and I sat/squatted with DH and her in front of me. DH held her head as it eased out I yelled at him because he was pushing on her a little, and Aubin dived in and caught her body. I just held myself up over the toilet.
Ezraiah had her eyes open and look at me, she didn't cry and was a beautiful rosy colour. Aubin rubbed her and she started breathing, not making a sound just watching.
Aubin carried her to my room and DH helped me waddle to the bed. Ann Marie the student midwife was there in a few minutes and checked the baby out. The placenta not being ready to deliver yet. Kalia the midwife and Jen made it soon after.
I have a lot of bruising and very little tearing. I think I have maybe 4 stitches in total.
My older daughter Hannah came out just after I got on the bed. We had planned for her to be at the birth but it was nice her coming just after. I mentioned the blood and she said "Oh it's ok mom it's just a little blood" She also told me to "wack it up" She meant suck it up but said wack and really lightened to the mood of the room. Hannah saw the baby for a few minutes she said "she's nice, where's the placenta?" She thought the placenta was so cool.
Ezraiah Xochitl Marie Palomera was born at 6:05 am. She was 38+ 1 weeks.
She was 7.55 lbs and 20.5 long.
We had planned a hospital birth not by choice but because the midwife recommended it, it being a VBAC and me having GBS. I got my home birth after all and all my bad pent up feelings are wiped away. Hannah's birth left me feeling horrible, ravaged and depressed. I was all doped up on T3's and had a hard time bonding with Hannah.
This time I feel amazing. I can move around and have had a really wonderful few days. Today I'm even walking three blocks to pick Hannah up from school. Last time I could just make it to bath room.
I'm so happy and I want to phone the hospital and tell all those nurses who mentioned me "attempting" to VBAC to all stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. lol

Thanks for reading my Birth story

~Erin

·
Registered
524 Posts
Congratulations!

Not in your ddc, but also a vbac mama, hoping for a hb, so your title caught my eye. A 3 hour labor. We should all be so lucky. I am inspired and feel better about my upcoming delivery after reading your story. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Congratulations Mama! Thank you for your birth story! Enjoy these first few weeks with your little one

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
yeah! What an encouragement to all us mommas going for VBACs!!!!!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
congrats!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
...and the baby train stops for another passenger! Happy baby moon!
I think (and could be wrong...) but think Xochitl is pronounced like "Zi-tel" kinda like the one daughter from Fiddler on the Roof???

1 - 20 of 36 Posts