Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so my 7 yr old got sick in the back of my van - it was quite impressive. And somewhat annoying since we were only five blocks from home and inches from pulling over so he could get out...oh well...

Anyway, dh pulled out the seats and I took my Bissel carpet cleaner to it with some Simple Green, then afterwards used Fabreeze...twice...but my van still stinks.

Any suggestions? This is not a pleasant thing since the weather is now warm

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Well, you could try something like Nature's Miracle -- it worrks well on pet smells and is supposed to work on human vomit, though I admit I haven't tried it in the car. The problem is that there are so many crevices (around the seat tracks, the wheels on the seats, that sort of thing, and you have to get everything out for the smell to go away. The couple of times this has happened to us the only really successful solution is to have the inside detailed -- about $100 worth of cleaning but worth it in my book.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm afraid of. I may have dh pull the seats out and I go over the whole interior with the Bissel and give it all a good scrub. See if that works. And I'll look for that Nature's Miracle (though last time I tried, the store was out of it...)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.