Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She told us "I still have to calculate everything but it looks like pdd-nos, just milder than his older brothers." So to everyone here who gave me the push, thanks. She recommended the special needs preschool ds1 was in and we already have the ball rolling for that. The thing that bothered me is that I didn't realise how delayed he really is in some skills. It's like I totally had blinders on with him. With ds1 I had some sort of clue. She was talking about families with it and that she sees many people within families who are all over the spectrum. He is definately so different than his brother so I totally get that.

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
Misty,
I can certianly see how you would not see it in a sibling who presents differently. I hope you are feeling ok about it?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah, i'm fine with it. My biggest issue with myself is that he is delayed in some areas that I really haven't payed attention to. I guess I want them to be able to be kids and not prove they can do things at a certain age. I know his communication skills are behind but it's intersting telling that to a professional who just wants to know how many words they have and if they speak in full sentences. I was surprised at how delayed his motor skills are but i think a lot of that is sensory and not really ability.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I'm glad that you've got some answers and already know what direction to take. Having two on the spectrum myself I understand exactly where you are coming from. Both of my kiddos present quite differently and in hindsight when we went over things for my son (2nd to be dx'd) it was kind of bonk in the head for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.