Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new CSA starting and the pick up is at NFW, John's Creek. I have picked up 2 times already and been wowed and amazed at the quality and selection of organic fruits and vegetables that are included (3/4 fruits, 6/7 veggies). The best part is there is no commitment, you order online via paypal that week and pick up on Fridays. You can sub items if there is something your family really will not eat or remove 3 items from the list and get a smaller bag for less money.
http://localfoodstop.com/http://localfoodstop.com/

The coordinator is great and replies quickly to e-mail and phone calls.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is more of a co-op. When she can get stuff local and in neighboring states she does, but the growing season isn't 12 mos here so...what I like about this type of CSA/Coop is the variety. I just picked up my share and its FANTASTIC. It allows for organic foods that are not in season in GA , and easier to actually feed a family on. I have been part of 2 CSA's in the Atlanta area and in the winter they are very greens heavy, mizuna, arugula, lamb's quarters, etc. really that my family could not eat them all every week and we were "subscribers" meaning we committed to the entire season/half year. Today we got 5 apples, 5 oranges, 3 lemons, 2 zuch, 2 yellow squash, a huge tomato, roots on plantable basil, huge red leaf lettuce, rainbow chard, green beans and sprouts. Happy eating!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a CSA out of the Spruill Center on Wed a.m. that has extra boxes most weeks and maybe a share available. I have seen the box lists each week and they are greens heavy.
Corinna Garmon of Garmon Family Farms posted this note last week:
We have a couple of Weekly or Every Other Week shares open for December still (3rd, 10th, and 17th). Please let me know if you are interested or have any questions. [email protected] you can also look her up thru localharvest.org

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The other great thing about this coop/CSA is that if there is something on the list you wont' eat you can double another item. They also offer a smaller box if your family cannot eat it all in a week. Lately she has been selling organic bread and local honey, as side orders. Last week I got a basil with roots and I cannot say how much we have enjoyed that. And yes I have bought them like that at other stores, but this is from a GA farm as was the tomato that was so tasty with it!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just picked up my bag for this week and I am so pleased AGAIN.
I cannot say enough about how good the quality is, all organic, and as local as possible with keeping a good selection of fruits and veggies! They are also very flexible in substituting stuff you will not eat with double of something else, and also they offer smaller bags for smaller needs.

Apples Fuji Extra Fancy - USA 3-4 CT
Pears Asian - USA 2-3 CT
Oranges - FL 2-3 CT
Cabbage Red - LOCAL 1 CT
Squash Butternut - LOCAL 1 CT
Tomatoes Grape - LOCAL 1 CT
Shallots - USA 1 CT
Beans Snap - LOCAL 1 #
Pepper Yellow - LOCAL 1-2 CT
Lettuce Redleaf - USA 1 CT
Mushrooms Baby Bella - USA 1 CT

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, I did not know about this service, it seems great! Thanks for the info! I live in Cobb County but if i am ever in Roswell on one of those days I will try it. I'm excited, it says they are adding new locations this year. I have been waiting for this type of program!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.