Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious why so many of you mamas are nak? You are all so health oriented. Don't you think that there is at least a little bit of harm from sitting with your baby in front of a computer? I know all those new LCD's and such screens claim to be complete safe, but I doubt that everyone here has the newest technology at home...maybe I am wrong though.

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
This came up here @ MDC once before that I know of. A mama was asking if she should be concerned w/ it or not. Yes, it definitely IS harmful. Just as harmful to you than it is to baby. Personally, I don't have to think twice about it because my family wears frequency gems that block any sort of negative energy from us from computers, cell phones, mircowaves (even though I don't use them), subliminal messages from the tv, etc.

But seriously, being at the computer is no worse (or better!) than walking by your running refridgerator or eating microwaved food or driving by power lines/cell towers, sitting in front of your tv, etc. It's ALL bad That's why I definitely feel lucky that I can protect myself and my family agaisnt all of it.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Oh... okay, well, we only feed either outside on our deck or in the living room so I can watch the other kids play...

Good to know I'm not endangering DS in some way... I was nervous for a minute...

PS - EcoMamma7 - those gems sounded interesting... any resources I could use to look into them...
?

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckemom
PS - EcoMamma7 - those gems sounded interesting... any resources I could use to look into them...
?
Well they are marketed or advertised in any way really. My Dh and I would be the resource for them. They also have over 45 different homeopathic remedies in them.

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
NAK is nursing at keyboard

I do it because I really can't do anything else while nursing and I get board easily. I don't have multiple children (yet, due with #2 in Feb) to watch while I nurse, so I nak. I never did figure out reading a book while naking. And now at my dd's age, I think she'd just try to rip the pages anyways.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I do not believe there is anything remotely harmful about nursing in front of the keyboard on occasion. But then, I also don't believe you can wear anything that's going to deflect so-called 'negative' frequencies or 'subliminal messages.'.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joannarachel
I do not believe there is anything remotely harmful about nursing in front of the keyboard on occasion. But then, I also don't believe you can wear anything that's going to deflect so-called 'negative' frequencies or 'subliminal messages.'.
Um, ya, I would have to agree with you on that one.
:

I very rarely nak, but I don't understand why people post that they are nak'ing either??

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydnee
I very rarely nak, but I don't understand why people post that they are nak'ing either??

I think it's because many NAKers are typing with one hand and excusing the shortness of or spelling errors in their posts.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HappiLeigh
I think it's because many NAKers are typing with one hand and excusing the shortness of or spelling errors in their posts.

yep! (click the word "breastfeed" in my siggy to see NAKing in action)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Quote:

Ahhh, ok, I get it!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mothragirl
off topic
i clicked your siggy!!! WEIRD!!! have you ever seen a pic of someone and was so shocked that it wasn't you?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!uncany.I'll try and pm you a picture sometime!!

yup...i'm naking as we speek(so to speek) and i feel guilty about it everyday!!! i do think it's bad but apparently my mdc addiction comes before the health of my baby. oh well...i did just get rid of my microwave though!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkmilk
off topic
i clicked your siggy!!! WEIRD!!! have you ever seen a pic of someone and was so shocked that it wasn't you?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!uncany.I'll try and pm you a picture sometime!!

!
oooh, my curiosity has been sparked!!!!

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mothragirl
What a beautiful baby you have!!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Seriously? I don't but occassionally because I can't seem to get comfy, but I am now.

On a side note, I want some of those great gems!! LOL

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joannarachel
But then, I also don't believe you can wear anything that's going to deflect so-called 'negative' frequencies or 'subliminal messages.'.
i tend to agree. . . . . . ..

Quote:

yup!

(nak- its pretty safe to assume that if i am here, i am naking!)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts