Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and couldnt find a discussion on this... we are slowly moving to a nude household.. personally i prefer to be nude.. its much more comfortable...etc...there is no shame in the body... im not anti clothing but just wondering if anyone else out there has a 'nude' house...

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
This is a very interesting and worthy concept and I'm suprised/saddened that it hasn't received the attention I think it deserves here. So BUMP!

That said, nakedness is something my husband is not shy about, though unfortunately I am (working on it!). We regularly sleep naked (how can one not in this wickedly hot weather), right alongside our son, and until now I hadn't a second thought about it. Neither, I'm sure, has my husband. Just seems a non-issue (though, he is only 4 months old, we'll see how it plays out as he ages).

I'd like more information on this, or to be pointed towards more info on it.

Googling now...

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
we're pretty naked around here. the kids are usually in just diapers (they'd be totally naked but neither is potty trained) and the husband type and i spend a great deal of time naked or close to. the only reason i'm not naked as i type this is: 1) this chair is brutal on the nekkid booty and 2) it was COLD in the house when i got up!
i don't forsee giving up our love of the naked unless one of the kids starts becoming uncomfortable with it. i hope we're able to raise them to believe the human body is beautiful and comfortable and they won't feel awkward about it. because i don't know if a and i can be taught to wear clothes anymore!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Naked here!
I notice that I have joined the free-boobin' tribe, the barefoot tribe, and now the naked tribe

My DH is okay with the wee ones being naked when they are babies and small toddlers. He gets a little more antsy about our oldest being naked (he'll be 8 in a few weeks) though DS has no problem being naked. Nor do I. Or the two littler ones. My DH goes naked a fair share of the time, but he's pretty fond of his jeans
I wish he'd just let loose and be naked like the rest of us. You should see the amount of his laundry compared to the amount of everyone else's! We're a mostly naked household and we like it just fine

Namaste, Tara

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
We're naked when we can be. We all sleep naked (well, with the exception of the diaper on the kiddo) and almost always strip down when hanging out at night. I will sometimes leave a bra on to try to keep dd from attacking my breasts and wanting to nurse all evening long.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
we would be here if it weren't for dh's discomfort with the issue. I run around naked almost all night when I'm not going to need the computer {right in front of a window that overlooks our neighborhood} or adjoining kitchen area... and we sleep naked. But nudity is outside Kait's comfort level for herself, and we are trying to teach them something that resembles proper activity, and being naked in front of grown ups is not something we're encouraging until they are old enough to comprehend limitations and personal space/responsiblity...

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I'm pretty much always naked. It makes nursing and just about everything else easier and more comfortable. DD, is usually in a dipe and DH says he doesn't like to walk around without at least socks and boxers on. So, that's pretty much the status quo around here.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Surfdaddy!

I am almost always naked around the house. And i guess me kids have taken to it a bit...because as soon as they walk into the house their clothes come off! My DP is in boxers most of the time...becuase the kids are fasinated with his penis
: (So am i!) .
I just want my kids to be open and never ashamed of their bodies. We are a very open and close family.

Thank goodness there are some otheres who do this...i was beginning to think people might think it was wrong!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yah, I keep the penis covered around the DD...I know there is nothing wrong with it, but...I guess I would rather err on the cautious side...I wish I had been raised in a nudist family...mine was basically the opposite...well accept for my dad...he had no shame...reminds me of somebody...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeBe123
Surfdaddy!

I am almost always naked around the house. And i guess me kids have taken to it a bit...because as soon as they walk into the house their clothes come off! My DP is in boxers most of the time...becuase the kids are fasinated with his penis
: (So am i!) .
I just want my kids to be open and never ashamed of their bodies. We are a very open and close family.

Thank goodness there are some otheres who do this...i was beginning to think people might think it was wrong!

·
Registered
237 Posts
This is so interesting! DH and I have always pranced around the place naked and now that we have a baby that hasn't really changed. Actually, we both usually do wear underwear, but that's because we have pets and there's hair everywhere, lol. But it's nice to know that there are other families out there who do this, too. I hadn't really thought much about how we are going to deal with this in the future...

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Surfdaddy, you rock.

dd is naked constantly (and yes this means lots of poop and pee to clean up, but that's not usually a huge issue). dp is a fan of being nekkid as well, though I don't think he runs around that way nearly as often as he'd like to. Me... not so much. It'd be nice to feel good about doing that more often, but the most I can do is a half hour out of the shower, and then I feel the need to get dressed.
Maybe with time...

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Yep, we're a naked family. I usually wear panties during the day, but I'm almost always topless and dh strips as soon as he comes home from work. We started out sleeping naked and it just progressed. Baby is naked if the a/c is off. We're not anti-clothing, either (ask dh...I love cute clothes) but I'm just more comfy nude in my own house.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was just commenting the other day to my boyfriend(after noticing his 8yr old walk through MY house butt naked ) that I think my dream of being a nudist someday may not be hampered by our children. My 2 yr old and my 6 yr old will go potty and come back out of the bathroom sans anything covering their rumps. "Where's your pants hun?", -"Um, ...I forgot" hmmph likely story. It's gotten to the point that now when I tell them to get dressed they excitedly say "Where are we going?!" Like we only get dressed when we have to appear in public, lol. I have to remind them to get dressed before they go outside to play with the neighbor kids. And just this spring (before it got blistering hot) we enjoyed mostly nekked gardening time outside in his yard. It's so nice being able to be naked outside, my kids can't get enough of it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
My parents were hippies. Naked around the house or very minimal clothing was pretty normal.

Dh's family was career military. Clothing required for every single second of their lives except for when they were actually in the shower.

When we got married, I would come home from work and shuck my clothes and usually put on a robe. After about three months, my dh asks me "Don't you EVER wear clothes?" oops. It never occured to me that people should have to wear them in their own homes. So, the kids and I are in minimal clothing during the day, but before Daddy comes home, everyone is fully clothed so that he's not uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
My favorite time of the day is the 30m I spend naked after a shower....
unfortunately FIL lives with us and while I can appreciate that our bodies are natural and beautiful and down right comfortable. FIL is pretty perverted and I'd be totally uncomfortable being naked around him......
My 3 kiddos strip throughout the day. I've stopped redressing them. Getting them dressed once in the AM is enough.....

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.