Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone think the different pregnancy tests are all that different from each other? I have Meijer brand because it's the cheapest around (local supermarket) but I know they have those "test 4 days earlier" sticks and am wondering if in order to test early, you'd have to have that special brand.<br><br>
Also, my LP is only about 10/11 days. so is day 10 testing 4 days early FOR ME because they assume everyone has 28 day periods (and 14 day LP's) or should I be able to test on day 6 (which totally doesn't make sense to me.)<br><br>
what do ya'll think?<br>
sarah

·
Registered
181 Posts
You aren't going to get a + at 6dpo. The test makers assume at least a 14 day LP. I've peed on more sticks than I care to admit and the earliest I've ever gotten a positive was at 10dpo. My favorite HPT is the CVS brand. With my last pregnancy, even at 10dpo, the line was definitely there, not faint. There are lists on the internet that tell you which tests show at which levels. Here's a link <a href="http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html" target="_blank">Home pregnancy tests</a><br><br>
Hope that helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts