Mothering Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

· Registered
1,095 Posts
I asked my ped about human dipolod tissue in vaccines. She told me that it was refering to the chicken cells that were in the vaccines and had been made safe for human use. She acted appauled and told me that the use of human tissues would be illigal.

I believed her and vaxed ds. Did a little reasearch and we have not been back, and won't be.

· Registered
1,200 Posts
This is from a real doctor who also gives free online consultations...

Quote:
-Why is it recommended not to get pregnant for 3 months after rubella vaccination?
- I don't think it is because the vax can infect the fetus in any way. It is because immunity takes this long, and you may be not protected if you get pregnant before then.
- And how long does this immunity last?
- For a lifetime.

· Registered
101 Posts
Wow wow wow! Thumbs up for all you anti-vax mamas! I don't know if I've reached your level just yet- but reading all this garbage from "medical professionals" etc. is pushing me to your side... A lot of laughs from this thread...

· Registered
8,569 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by baschabad View Post
Wow wow wow! Thumbs up for all you anti-vax mamas! I don't know if I've reached your level just yet- but reading all this garbage from "medical professionals" etc. is pushing me to your side... A lot of laughs from this thread...

But wait............there's more:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=446739

· Registered
9,433 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by carriebft View Post
I do not want to think of what one would have to do to get Hep B onto a piano key.

yikes

· Registered
5,039 Posts
My friend (bless her, she's a sweetie and is just repeating what she heard) told me that she is going to get her son vaxed with the flu shot the moment he turns 6 months because there is going to be a pandemic where "people are going to die".

So my thought is -- if he is NOT vaxed before 6 months, how will you prevent his death? Keep him inside and not leave the house for the next 7 weeks?

It doesn't make any sense.

· Registered
3,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdoptChina View Post
well, I don't want to scare you (or something along those lines) but I know/have patients that decided to wait on the mmr....then their kids got cancer and they couldn't get the shot..
I get so sad when I think of all those kids with cancer who die from measles. Or, no, maybe it's mumps. Rubella?

· Registered
11,809 Posts
Our ex ped told me not only is it okay to vax when your child was sick but it actually works better.

He also told me that I was just a mother (and how I was basically just a worry wort ect) and he gave vaxes all the time and he knows they are safe.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Oh wow, I don't have any that are that great, but the nurse who does the intake form (not a NP or anything)

'really wants her vaxed before she goes to daycare' Okay, well if that's what you want, I'll get right on that (and she doesn't go to daycare anyway)

Same nurse 'You don't have to worry, they do all the shots in one needle now so there isn't any harm' Me: "I'm not worried about the POKE, it's what's IN the shots that bothers me."

And others (is this okay? OT)

From a family member, her utmost concern for my homebirth was how the circumcision would happen:
"If it's a boy, are you going to um, you know, at home too?" "What?" "Circumcise" "Um, ABSOLUTELY NOT circumcising him! Anywhere!"

From a neighbor about my home birth: "Well, as long as you know that they're head down, then it's all fine, so if your doctor told you she was head down, then you're good go go" Yup, that's right, every single birth problem that could occur would be from having a breech. Glad that was clarified for me

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaGreenBean View Post
From a neighbor about my home birth: "Well, as long as you know that they're head down, then it's all fine, so if your doctor told you she was head down, then you're good go go" Yup, that's right, every single birth problem that could occur would be from having a breech. Glad that was clarified for me

As someone who had a (surprise) breech homebirth, I find that particularly amusing!

· Registered
1,966 Posts
One ped. told us that she saw all the horrible cases of chicken pox and all the children that died from them - so we had better get that shot!

An ER doc told me that he'd seen 15 cases of tetanus and a woman who'd died of it, so I was silly for suggesting my mom not get that shot (I was at the ER With her). She had fallen down the stairs and the doc was sure she'd die without that tetanus shot. Even worse? He recommended the Dtap.

My SIL who is a nurse told me I was ignorant for refusing vaxes. But she couldn't tell me exactly why. Just that she was taught in medical school that vaxes were absolutely necessary to life on earth.

When I worked in the human services field, the state paid for everyone to get hep b shots. When I declined my series, my boss was stunned. "But you can get Hep B just from clipping your nails!"

:

· Registered
8,569 Posts
http://www.nmaseminars.com/BoycottBullies.html

Quote:

Let's start a revolution: Boycott Pediatrician Bullies
There are a lot of wonderful doctors out there; but there are many that are simply bullies. I'm collecting "doctor bullying stories"....if you have been bullied for:
  1. questioning vaccines
  2. being forced to get vaccines
  3. wanting to avoid or delay vaccines
  4. for questioning MMR/autism connection
  5. for questioning mercury/autism connection
...and others that you think apply. If you are brave enough -- or angry enough -- please include the doctor's name.
If you sign you name, you are giving me permission to reprint with your story. If you want to maintain anonymity, please sign as "Mary S. from St Paul, MN." Including city and state is very important!!

Between November 1 and 7, I received 50 stories. I want to collect at least 500!
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO YOUR FRIENDS.
Please send your story to [email protected]

· Registered
12,640 Posts
A friend's ped (who was in fact my dad's ped back in 1960) told my friend he sees kids get deathly ill and that they could die from diseases like whooping cough etc.

He used to that scare tactic to scare her into vaxxing her newborn who had severe reflux, agenesis of the corpus callosum (ie missing the tissue that connects the two sides of the brain) and apnea (probably related to the ACC).

NOT a good candidate for vaxxing, even if you do believe in them.

The peds and OBs in my small town are promoting the "cervical cancer vaccine" like crazy.

· Registered
1,200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaGreenBean View Post
From a neighbor about my home birth: "Well, as long as you know that they're head down, then it's all fine, so if your doctor told you she was head down, then you're good go go"
I actually had this one from an OB, and a good one (as far as was possible in the circumstances). She okayed homebirth, but was only prepared to do it if it wasn't breech. Even good ones have their limits.
:

· Registered
5,159 Posts
DS's ped today was pretty laid back about us refusing vaxes, but did say he "highly recommended" Prevnar. Prevnar is only recommended routinely for kids under 2 - DS is almost 3!

He also didn't seem to know much about exemptions. He said something along the lines of having trouble enrolling him in school. I said, "There are exemptions available in every state. In fact, Ohio has all three kinds of exemptions available." He looked at me funny (like he'd never heard of exemptions before) and changed the subject.

· Registered
2,499 Posts
When my oldest child (who was fully vaxxed up to this point in his life) had a moderate to severe reaction at 6 wks, we were told to "wait" for the rest of his shots. We did. Upon resuming his vaxes at around 15-18 months, he had a SEVERE reaction (as in floppy body, breathing issues, blue lips, rash beginning at injection site and spreading rapidly over his body, the whole deal). When we arrived at the ER and called his doctor to come in (while the ER was getting him back on track with steroid IV's etc) we were told it was a "coincidence". We didn't know to report to VAERS (didn't know it existed) and it never showed up in his medical file as a vaccine issue. Apparently, officially I rescued my co-sleeping, breastfed son from SIDS. Yes, SIDS.

When I informed my ped we would no longer be vaxxing she informed me that he could be harmed more from STOPPING in the middle of a series and that he could die from the mumps. While looking me in the face. Deadly serious. Mumps.

· Registered
8,569 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by attachedmamaof3 View Post
We didn't know to report to VAERS (didn't know it existed) and it never showed up in his medical file as a vaccine issue. Apparently, officially I rescued my co-sleeping, breastfed son from SIDS. Yes, SIDS.

When I informed my ped we would no longer be vaxxing she informed me that he could be harmed more from STOPPING in the middle of a series and that he could die from the mumps. While looking me in the face. Deadly serious. Mumps.
: Scary.

SIDS is only applicable to children under a year so you could get that erroneous information stricken from his medical record.

Quote:
http://www.sids.org/ndefinition.htm

*SIDS is the sudden death of an infant under one year of age which remains unexplained after a thorough case investigation, including performance of a complete autopsy, examination of the death scene, and review of the clinical history. (Willinger et al, 1991).
*YOU can report the incident to VAERS, today!

*I would file a complaint with his licensing board; little if anything will happen from it, but it is safisfying.

· Registered
3,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by box_of_rain View Post
An ER doc told me that he'd seen 15 cases of tetanus and a woman who'd died of it, so I was silly for suggesting my mom not get that shot (I was at the ER With her).
There's not even a total of 15 cases of tetanus per year in every single hospital of every single town of every single state in this entire country.

That ER doc sure gets around.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.