Mothering Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

· Registered
19,543 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessed View Post
There's not even a total of 15 cases of tetanus per year in every single hospital of every single town of every single state in this entire country.

That ER doc sure gets around.
Pediatricians and ER doctors have special devices that make it possible for them to see every case of particular illnesses, including cases that happened in the past and cases that haven't occurred yet, and, when needed, cases that won't ever happen.

This ability vanishes in the vicinity of parents who know how to look up the actual statistics.
:

· Registered
2,499 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmeline II View Post
: Scary.

SIDS is only applicable to children under a year so you could get that erroneous information stricken from his medical record.

*YOU can report the incident to VAERS, today!

*I would file a complaint with his licensing board; little if anything will happen from it, but it is safisfying.

I didn't know that about VAERS! I thought there was a timeframe...he's now almost 10 yrs old (so 8 yrs after the fact). BUT, I did try to get the mess off his record and was told that it would stay due to the fact that BOYS are considered "high-risk" for SIDS even up to 3 yrs of age. No joke.

· Registered
1,481 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wflcpw View Post

DS was 4, unvaxed. Was told he (dr) would call CPS for child medical neglect. I urged him to do what was best for my child and I would do the same.
No one was called, of course.
I must be dense..but what happened? Did you threaten him with legal action?

· Registered
6,205 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaGreenBean View Post
From a neighbor about my home birth: "Well, as long as you know that they're head down, then it's all fine, so if your doctor told you she was head down, then you're good go go" Yup, that's right, every single birth problem that could occur would be from having a breech. Glad that was clarified for me

If that were the case my daughter would still be here.
:

The only scaremongering I've had is docs trying to talk me into an elective c-section for future pregnancies because my last daughter was stillborn ... cuz, you know, cord prolapse is genetic of course...
:

· Registered
5,039 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Pediatricians and ER doctors have special devices that make it possible for them to see every case of particular illnesses, including cases that happened in the past and cases that haven't occurred yet, and, when needed, cases that won't ever happen.
Ha I love it.

· Registered
413 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tammyswanson View Post
I must be dense..but what happened? Did you threaten him with legal action?
This was 5 years ago. A military doctor. No threat, just very aware and made him so that I was doing what was best for my child and in no way could he really do the same. If he truly wanted to call, I was armed with loads of information. Now I know, no one would have bothered with it. It was a threat to vaccinate him, I didn't give in.

· Registered
1,481 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wflcpw View Post
This was 5 years ago. A military doctor. No threat, just very aware and made him so that I was doing what was best for my child and in no way could he really do the same. If he truly wanted to call, I was armed with loads of information. Now I know, no one would have bothered with it. It was a threat to vaccinate him, I didn't give in.
Thanks! I'm glad you stood up to him...what a bully!

Geez, I mean CAN they take your kids for opposing vaxes? I don't think they can....at least not YET. Free country, eh? Yeah, right!

Maybe we will be moving to Mexico algun dia!

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaraNicole View Post
Well lets see what I can remember....please take into account this woman has the most abrasive personality of anyone I have had the misfortune to meet.

Lied to me about the last case of Diphtheria (we have not had a case since 1996 in my state, per the governors health report card) She said she saw one last week and it was awful.
: The look on her face was priceless when I pulled out the heath report card, she didn't know it existed.
:

Oh yeah Tetanus will just jump out and infect you, it's every where...Um no duh lady it's only an issue if you do not have proper wound care. She was mad that didn't work.

Ahh the horrible chicken pox, one of the leading causes of death in children don't cha know?

Lied about pertussis in my neighbor state because I just didn't happen to have their report card. I did read her the riot act for that. It was an awful story, so sad and I doubt it was true.

Mercury is not in vaccines it's a horrible rumor, had a fit when I showed her packet inserts.

No child has ever died from a shot. One mention of VAERS put a look of fear on her face. She actually asked me how I knew about that.

Oh yeah I was condemning my child to an unnecessary death from a VPD.

Vaccines are 100% effective on EVERYONE. (we had to look over that package insert again
)

CPS "could" be called. (she said that in such a threating way) I would violate the UA if I typed what I said to her.

Oh guys the CDC pink books are a myth and the CDC really doesn't know the first thing about diseases anyways.
:
:
:

I can not remember what else she spewed before we fired each other, I've never seen someone so mad that I had actual information and was thinking for myself, it was like I broke her ego. She did also try to play a few psychology tricks it was sickening.

Oh I almost forgot I do too much thinking about these things, I should let other people tell me how to take care of my child.

I will be so happy when the switch is final on Dec. 1st. I still have to write a letter of complaint to her office, calling has done no good.
:

Cara, was this Dr. Michelle Flechas? She told me my child likely had meningitis and would die since I didn't vax her and sent us to the ER....and she just had some benign virus.

· Registered
2,413 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by attachedmamaof3 View Post
BUT, I did try to get the mess off his record and was told that it would stay due to the fact that BOYS are considered "high-risk" for SIDS even up to 3 yrs of age. No joke.

Did the Dr. say this? Hmmm...Boys considered high risk for SIDS....boys at much higher risk for autism than girls....vaccines suspected in both...very interesting.

· Registered
6,472 Posts
Quote:

There's not even a total of 15 cases of tetanus per year in every single hospital of every single town of every single state in this entire country.

Yes, isn't the total amount of tetanus cases something like only 30 a year in the US, and the majority of people survive? I'm pretty sure that the overall coverage rates for tetanus vaccines is not as high as public officials would like it to be. I think that if tetanus were really that huge of a threat we'd see more cases.

· Registered
2,415 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by knowerofnada View Post
Cara, was this Dr. Michelle Flechas? She told me my child likely had meningitis and would die since I didn't vax her and sent us to the ER....and she just had some benign virus.
holy god I'm so glad I don't live in BTR anymore

Though, when I did, Stephanie Cave was my PCP, heh. Back then she was all about yeast, though.

yikes, baton rouge doctors. I still have three on my list of people to eventually sue.

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by knowerofnada View Post

Oh yeah that's her! I remember reading you story with her, I think you sent me a link. I wish I still had that PM I sent you about her, I know I have forgot so much stuff she did in that visit. (If you by chance still have a copy could you send me a FWD of it?) Ugh I still get upset thinking about her....ugh

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ktbug View Post
holy god I'm so glad I don't live in BTR anymore

Though, when I did, Stephanie Cave was my PCP, heh. Back then she was all about yeast, though.

yikes, baton rouge doctors. I still have three on my list of people to eventually sue.
I wish I could say the same. I hate BR. I can't stand the mindset of the doctors here. You should have seen their reactions at my refusal to allow newborn Hep B vax/eye drops/Vit K at the hospital a few weeks ago. Oh. My. God. And that's not to mention the numerous peds here who have fired us for refusing to vax our toddler.
:

· Registered
397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenab00 View Post
"well, if you arent going to vax, your kids can never go swimming, because they'll get poilo from a pool"

:
I almost forgot - apparently, I can't take my baby to swim classes since there's Hep B in the water.

· Registered
397 Posts
Quote:

Yeah, he's probably the one leaving Hep B on the piano keys.

· Registered
19,543 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishcupcake View Post
Yeah, he's probably the one leaving Hep B on the piano keys.

:

Of course. It is a moonlighting position. Someone has to put it there so it can be found by the crew of people who go around looking for Hep B in unlikely places. Toilet seats probably don't bring on enough paranoia, but piano keys! Brilliant.

Has anyone seen any newborns licking the piano keys lately?

· Registered
3,022 Posts
This is from a nurse when we discussed delayed vaccination:

Quote:
There is a schedule that is recommended and most pediatricians use it so that they can keep track of their patients' vaccines. They also give multiple shots at once to eliminate the need for extra office visits and also less emotional trauma to the child - getting two shots at once, or several within the same minute or so, is often less traumatizing than separating them.

uuughhh
: What about the physical damage from multiple shots at one visit!

· Registered
1,129 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by carriebft View Post
I do not want to think of what one would have to do to get Hep B onto a piano key.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
or contract it from a piano key

Oh come on, guys! Haven't you seen Pretty Woman?
:

· Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuansprincess View Post
Oh come on, guys! Haven't you seen Pretty Woman?
:
....ok but you didnt see the edited out scene where the baby prodigy comes by after and licks the piano keys before playing Beethoven

41 - 60 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.