Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this belong in health and healing? I dunno....<br><br>
In the past week, my DS (14 months) has had a strange skin thing happening. It looks like a series of colorless clusters of small goosebumps that dry up and go away in about 5 days. There seem to be "hot spots", 3 or 4 clusters of these bumps that get a little scaly when they heal, but there are also tiny bumps at the nape of his neck, on shoulders, and upper back.<br><br>
2 things I can think of. One is that he had a mild allergy to cow milk protein and I have remained dairy free for the duration of BF him (he is still BF 5 times a day and several times at night), but accidentally ate something with dairy a couple of days ago. Can this be an allergic reaction?<br><br>
The other factor is the heat/sun. He has been a bit sweaty, as we spend A LOT of time outside every day. I thought a heat rash was red bumps though? He is a coffee and cream complexion, so maybe they just don't look red to me? But then the clusters are kind of weird.<br><br><br>
Any ideas?

·
Registered
345 Posts
it sounds a bit like mild heat rash to me. DS has also had something that looks like that - around the collar of his shirt, on his upper back. We do use a lot of sunscreen/all natural bug repellent (mosquitos & black flies here are awful this year), so it might be that (in our case). we're outside ALL day usually.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES! That is exactly where it is: his collar, upper back, and shoulders. I am thinking it IS a mild heat rash. It doesn't seem to bother him at all, just looks a bit strange. I feel better. I thought my kid was turning into a dinosaur. Hee hee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts