Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm talking BIG, folks. 12" wide is no longer cutting it. It's gotta hold a stuffed wonderbag (dipes for 2 enclosed), sposie wipes case
, toys and books for restaurant entertainment, an extra outfit for ds, now that it's winter, hats for ds and dd, my wallet, and maybe a few other trinkets. So far in my diapering days i've used a mum, an oilily, a bumble, and now back to an oilily... all messenger style. none of these are big enough. i'd go to a fleurville but i just can't see myself carrying anything that's laminated and shiny on a daily basis

·
Registered
773 Posts
I had the Lands End tote and it felt like I was carrying around a suit case. I hated it because of that, but it sounds like what you are looking for. It has three compartments and lots of pockets. I just tossed it - I'm going diaper bag free for a while.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
suitcase. hmm. might not be the look i'm going for... but if i get desperate. it didn't look THAT big on the site, but really the interior organization didn't look so hot either.

bag free? like throwing everything into the back of the car kind of free? or EC free? ;0

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
I Love, Love, LOVE my diaper bag. It was plenty big enough for cloth diapered twins and all their extras.

http://sherpani.us/ProductDetail.cfm?Catalog=132&ID=115

I've been through quite a few diaper bags, and I can't find anything to complain about with this one. It's a keeper!

HTH!

Lex

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
I don't know of anyplace that has a picture of the inside, but I've got mine in front of me, so I will describe it for you.

When you lift the flap it reveals a small zippered pocket on the outside of the front of the bag. This is where I keep my wallet. The next pocket is the length of the bag, and about an inch shorter than the main pocket. It has a key clip in this part, and is narrow (nothing too bulky can go in here, though a couple of diapers would fit, or a wipes case). Then you come to the main pocket, which is huge, and on the front side it is a zippered wet bag, while the back side has a somewhat shorter pocket with elastic at the top (for the changing pad). On the front of that changing pad pocket, there are three short mesh pockets, which I think are sized to fit disposable diapers (but work well for fuzzi bunz, wipes case, or sippy cups/water bottles). There are also two zippered pockets in the strap of the bag (perfect for a cell phone), and two mesh water bottle pockets on the outside. The fabric on the inside of the flap is a funky flower pattern (I think you can see this in the pictures), as is the fabric on the front side of the first pocket (after the wallet-sized one), and on the front of the changing pad pocket.

I have the lime one and it's a great color. The inside fabric is blue with white daisy-ish flowers.

HTH!

Lex

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HR FluffnStuff
I had the Lands End tote and it felt like I was carrying around a suit case. I hated it because of that, but it sounds like what you are looking for. It has three compartments and lots of pockets. I just tossed it - I'm going diaper bag free for a while.
Hmm....I actually really like this tote. I just took it it on a flight that dd and I went on alone and it worked perfectly for carrying and organizing for a long trip. I use their little tripper as her regular one.

The tote-all is light colored inside, so you find stuff easily, stays open well, is made well, and I really liked the middle bag that snaps in for packing with my most used stuff to take in and out easily.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Actually I have a school bookpack from Old Navy *backpack) that is very roomy.

I keep a Lands End Boat Tote (the huge one) in the car stocked with diapers, etc. so I always can restock the going-in bag (backpack or my SkipHop, which is not roomy but which does attach to my cumbersome double stroller so I can wear the baby, tote the toddler, and have the back seat of the stroller for all my groceries).

Also, I have the Vera Bradley Diaper Bag which is quite roomy. That was my splurge gift with the birth of my first five years ago, and it's still looking beautiful and it makes me happy just to look at it.
It's yellow and cheerful and I still love it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrie
The one that I use is not a diaper bag but I do love it - it's an LL Bean backpack. I'll try to add a link if I can.

backpack

I second that. I use a backpack from WalMart and it holds TONS. Mine has 3 zippers, a smaller one in the front for your stuff, and if I had 2 kids, 2 big pockets. Since I jusat have one child, I put diapers in one section, and snacks/extra clothes in the other.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.