Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoy reading people's questions & input about baby names, and now it's my turn:
For a girl: Quinlan Chase (Quin for short).

I have a Zoe Nicole (7) and a Sarah Grace Clementine (12) from a previous marriage.

My dh has been pushing for the name Chase since I was pregnant w/ Zoe over 7 yrs ago. I'm not so ga-ga over it, and haven't really heard of using it for a girl, but if it's just a middle name, what the heck. ("It'so-k": that's a family joke 'cause our last name is pronounced So-kay.)

I like Quinlan/Quin, but I wish there weren't so many different spelling possibilities.
Anyway, I just wanted to hear how it strikes people.
Thanks!
--KT (34-&-1/2 wks pg & counting)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
KT, I have always liked the name Quin (or Quinn). However, it does sound very much like a boys name, especially with Chase as a middle.

Of course that may be your point; it's sometime nice to have a name that's not so obviously "girly".

I like it a lot. It's just something to think about.

mcsarahb

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Love it! I know another little girl named Quin, and she is such a cool kid! I considered Quinn for ds #2 but was told by more than a few people that it seemed girly. I think it's one of those great names that sound good on either gender, and I do like the way it sounds with Chase...she'll love knowing that she has a name that is special to her daddy.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
I love it. I do agree with mcsarahb that the gender-neutral sound may cause people to assume she's a boy when they read her name on paper. That said, I gave my son a gender neutral name (Avery) and even though the pediatrician's office called and referred to him as "she" 4 times in one answering machine message, I am still glad I didn't choose a different name for him!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.