Mothering Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any baby names in mind yet?

I am trying to refrain from looking too much until we find out the gender.

I like names kinda unique, not super popular. I was thinking of a biblical middle name but not sure yet.

Kinda liked Carson but did realize how popular it was. I don't know if DH is keen on it either. So for a boy I am really lost. We liked Gordon last time but DH's coworkers did not since a not so popular coworkers last name in Gordon. Girls, IDK still kinda like Willow. Dh seems to like more popular names and many names he likes I have first cousins already with that name, lol. Thats what happens when you have 13 aunts and uncles, end up with a lot of used names! So yeah, we have a long way to go to figure out a name.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I am keeping an eye out for names I like. We have never struggled with girl names, which is good because we have two girls, but I am thinking this one might turn out to be a boy. If I am right, it is going to be a very difficult 20 weeks after we find out the gender. My dh HATES all boy names. We would go through books of baby boy names and he wouldn't like a single one.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
We have our names picked out for either gender. Our first has a not-often-used but actual name. It's hard to find names that we like as much as hers. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hubby and I have a girls name chosen Kayden Nightngale. But as far a boys name.... we're at a loss. I had a list but we don't really like those anymore so the drawing board been kind of scarce though we found so Irish God names that were nice.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I start thinking of names before I am even pregnant. I try not to obsess over it too early though. But I figure such a big decision needs as much time for thought as I can get. We also have a horrible time agreeing on boy names. Last baby was a boy and he ended up with the ONE name that we could agree on. I think a girl will be easier.

I love the name Theia. And if not that then maybe something like Cynthia, or Anthea, so I can use it as a nickname. I also like Arden, Beatrice, and Violet right now. My husband is sure it's a girl and has been calling her Alexandria. But that will not be her name, haha.

My favorite for a boy is Ronan. But since it was vetoed last time it's probably out. I am also loving Leo, Kai and Elliot. And I love Jackson, but it's too popular to use.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have liked Eden since i was in high school that was a long time ago. Jackson for a boy was my favorite back then too. Ironically younger dsd suggested Eden jusy before i miscarriaged back in October. It was in a barbie movie she had just watched. Dh liked it at the time. Not sure about now but i already think of her as Eden Willow so i imagine i will have a hard time finding anything else i like. It is a little popular but oh well..the name i go by is super popular now but wasnt back in the 80s. I still dont know many in their 30s with my name but their are tons of girls with it.

I had Elliott on my list for boys this go around. Also liked Everett and Lyndon for a boy.

Reactions: Tiffa

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well so much for naming a girl being easier. We still don't know the sex, we just have a strong feeling that it's a girl. But we talked about names for the first time yesterday. He said no to EVERY suggestion. And most of them he acted like were completely horrible and unthinkable. Even the more "regular" ones that I mentioned, like Lila or Grace, that I thought he might like. So at this point I don't have any idea what kind of name I could suggest that we would both approve. I had already started thinking of this one as Theia too, so it made me pretty sad that he hated it.

He also really didn't like Alice, which I wanted as a middle name, because it is the name of my great and great-great grandmothers. Our sons middle name is my husbands great grandpa, so I would like the next baby to have a name with some family tie as well.

If it comes down to it, I could probably live with Alexandria. My biggest problem is that I don't want an Alex. But I started thinking that I could handle it if I maybe called her Lexa instead. I am going to wait it out a little and push some of my favorites a little more before I tell him that though. He has also mentioned Leah, which I don't absolutely hate, but don't like that much either.

I only had a few boy names, but he hated them too. And really I have no more ideas for a boy. Haha.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We've loved the name Ella for a long time, so if it's a girl we're all set. No clue what to name another boy, lol. I didn't feel like I wanted any input from family last time, but this time I actually asked for boy recommendations.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So we have decided against eden willow... i thought we had the name.

Dh and i have decided on Delaney. Not sure on the middle name.

Delaney Willow sounds good or Delaney Rose.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am already posting on this thread too much. :) I am a little obsessed with names. Sorry. So our latest choices are Alaina and Ruby. Alaina was my favorite, until my husband suggested Ruby, and now I am not sure. He is alright with Alaina but doesn't love it. The only problem with Ruby is that it's very popular in my state. Number 20 right now, and even higher the few previous years. Would you use it anyways or just go with Alaina? She will probably end up either:

Alaina Ruby (p.s. my own middle name is Alaine, so she would be named after me).

Ruby Alice

@Kindofcrunchy - Delaney is so pretty!
@Blueskies1 - Did you find out what you are having? Have you thought of any boy names?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I love talking about names! we've previously been pretty darn picky with names, all our 3 boys are named after neighborhood parks where we spent a lot of time growing up and have color middle names (Creston Grey, Tabor Bleu, and Berkeley Hazel). However, I don't have any park names that I totally love and since we're having another boy don't want to *just* name him after a park because his brother are...
So we're spreading out a little and looking at NW inspired names too. Currently the front runner is Rainier, but I'm totally stumped on a middle name.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts