Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you picked out a name yet? Or are you making a list of possibilities?

I feel pretty set on a boy's name: either Jove or Benjamin.

But I just can't seem to find a girl's name that feels right/ that my husband loves as well...

Carina is the closest we have to a name we both like- only problem is I don't like it all that much- just don't hate it... arg!

The big problem is my husband's style and mine are different.
His girl's name list is:
- Carina or Corina
- Cedar
- Day
- Ruby

Mine is:
- Evi
- Julie
- Shaina
- Sophie

Arg! Why are girl names so hard?!?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Names are tough for us too. This pregnancy, number four, is THE first time ever i've had a name picked out so early. No lie, I'm usually scared baby will be Baby M (last name) forever. Yes, it's unrealistic, but it's me. We have a Chloe, Summer, and Freya, so this baby needed to be a two syllable name, with a different first initial, and not be in the top 200 in the Social Security Baby Names list. After having a Chloe, which we had no idea was popular in 2004, we said no way will a name be in the top 200. We are assuming it's another girl, as we have three already. Her name will be Tessa. IF we have a boy, the name that has held for my husband since our second pregnancy is Clark. I don't like it, but he LOVES it, and he loves Superman, so I'll go for it.

·
Registered
824 Posts
We've tossed a few names around but nothing seriously yet. I dread naming them, last time with DS we struggled to agree on names. We barely managed to agree on both and boy and girl name (we were team green) before the birth. We're finding out this time because no way can we agree on two boy and two girl names for twins lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
We generally don't decide till after birth (Which is how my second kid was baby no name for almost two weeks). I feel like last time's runner up will be the most likely contender for a boy name, and we had a couple of strong possibilities in the girl department which we both liked.

Generally I'm the one making huge lists and my husband marks the few from there he's okay with and that's our starting point. But we don't do this till late third trimester

·
Registered
50 Posts
We generally don't decide till after birth (Which is how my second kid was baby no name for almost two weeks). I feel like last time's runner up will be the most likely contender for a boy name, and we had a couple of strong possibilities in the girl department which we both liked.

Generally I'm the one making huge lists and my husband marks the few from there he's okay with and that's our starting point. But we don't do this till late third trimester
You are so brave! I am such a worried wort about the baby being nameless.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
We never decide on names completely before birth. There's usually one top pick or a top three or so, but I always reserve the right to see baby first and make sure the name fits before making it official.

Whenever I think of or hear a name I like, I try to add it here. So... here's where my list stands at 14 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
It could just be my mobile device, but the other picture looks like the girl list got cut off, so here's just that.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hippie Mama said:
You are so brave! I am such a worried wort about the baby being nameless.
Haha, it was bad. We had a name picked out the first few days but then we backed out and there was no clear frontrunner. When that happened my mom was already here but we didn't want to discuss it in front of her because she just can't stay silent and not give her opinion. So it made it difficult to discuss.

Then we had a second name picked out and for some inane reason my husband mentioned it to his parents (instead of announcing it) and they crapped all over it and so he didn't want to use it.

We tried to find a third name, and there was a frontrunner, we were just arguing about spelling, but for me at least the baby was already name2. Name3 was perfectly fine, just not him.

So I had to push to go back to name2. And even though the middle name we had originally picked to go with it was awesome, I gave up on that and told my husband to pick whatever he wanted.

It was stressful for sure!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts