Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it's early but who's already thinking of names?

I've been thinking of names since I was about 14 :LOL but the strong front runners for this babe are Eleanor (Nora) and Henry. Both would use my last name as a middle name and DH's last name as a last name. DD, DH, and I all end our names this way.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cute names!!!
We always end up with cute names, but we have a horrible time getting there.

Our girl name is made up-Sally Anne. That's my dh's grandmother and my aunt. I can't say that I love it, but I'm trying to get used to it. We have to use "Sally" in some way, so I change things around sometimes, but I really don't know.

The boy's middle name will be "Alexander" after my great-grandfather, but the first name is killin' us. Dh likes "Jesse." Not sure I do...

This is so hard for us....

I'm jealous-I wanted an "Asher".....
(dh says no....)

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
My names that I like have changed several times over the years. And they've changed several times in this pregnancy! :LOL

We are settled right now on Piper and Zachary.
No middle names yet though.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
We have settled on Michael Asa and Kathryn Asa. We haven't agreed on a spelling for Katherine, though-- Kathryn, Katherine, Kathrine, Kathrin. DH likes the last one, and I think it's kinda funky and coool
. We don't want a "C" Catherine, though (I always think of Anne of Avonlea (green gables?) when she says she detest "C" Catherines, and the head teacher is a "C" Catherine
)
Asa is DH's grandpa and I love the name as a girl's name, so this is our compromise.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LolaEight
The boy's middle name will be "Alexander" after my great-grandfather, but the first name is killin' us. Dh likes "Jesse." Not sure I do...
Why couldn't you do it as a first? I really like it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
We named our first daughter Bronwyn Claire and have since wished that we had saved Claire for future use as a first name (though we love it as her middle name.) We struggled and struggled to find a name for our second daughter, and finally landed on Moriah Elizabeth. Now I am thinking about Claire again if it's another girl. It's my mother's name and also DH's sister's name and we both love it. I just can't decide if it's too weird to give it to one child as a middle name and another as a first name.

If it's a boy, we like Lachlan (DH is Scottish). Not sure, though, as it was my high school principal's name and I need to get over the strangeness of that.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I am stuck for names. With 3 boys I feel like we have used up all the boy names we like. The only one i can come up with that dh and I both like is Tru or True?! Can't think of a middle name to go with it. We have used all our family names! For a girl We had always had Anna Grace picked out, but this time I am not so hot on it. I really don't know. We may come home nameless! My kids suggested whiskers?! Um, I think they know it's a baby and not a cat!
Kathy

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been thinking about baby names for sure! Glad to know I'm not alone!

I have a slight dilemma however. Totally by accident our first 3 children have 5 letter names. The cool thing is my name is 3 letters and Dh's is 2 letter (2+3=5). As I said, this was totally by accident, but now it's an obsession! :LOL

So, we both really love Kian (I'm half Irish and the name is pronounced like Ian w/ a K in front), but if you'll count the letters it is NOT 5 letters! So, we're trying to come up w/ a 5 letter alternative. Here's what DH came up w/ and it's growing on me, but I'm wondering if other people will be able to pronounce it...

Keian

does that look like KEY-AN to everyone????

As for everyone else...
Such ingenious names!!
I like Kathryn (and Catherine makes me think of Wuthering Heights)
Piper was a name we considered (5 letters! tee hee)
And I think Addisyn is gorgeous! Larkin seems a bit harsh for a girl.

Also....
I've found that if I simply can't come up w/ a decent name for one sex, it's usually not that gender. And I've NEVER carried a name over from one pregnancy to another.
#1 was Blake Evan or Ashton Michaela (we got a Blake)
#2 was Megan Courtney or Mason Garrett (we got a Megan)
#3 was Melia Alyse or Caiden Theodore (we got a Melia)
This go 'round, I've got a ton of boy's names and haven't thought of a single girl name--hmmmm....wishful thinking???

·
Registered
131 Posts
My first boy's name is Wayne Hiram. He was named after my grandfather Wayne. Gr. Wayne didn't like his middle name Clarence though so we changed that part to Hiram, the name of his favorite singer, Hiram aka Hank Williams.
We call the boy Hank.

This next baby I feel is a boy. We're going to call him Johnny Fife after my husband's dear uncle who passed away. This baby is probably going to be born on or close to his birthday. This baby was implanted on the 1st year anniversary of the day he died.

So it will be Johnny and Hank. They'll be different from all the other kids in the AP mommy groups and Waldorf academy. :LOL :LOL

And in the off chance I'm wrong and we have a girl, it will be AnnaMarie Lois.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LolaEight
Our girl name is made up-Sally Anne. That's my dh's grandmother and my aunt. I can't say that I love it, but I'm trying to get used to it. We have to use "Sally" in some way, so I change things around sometimes, but I really don't know.
If you don't love it, have you thought about incorporating Sally in some other name? Like Selene, maybe?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I have been thinking about names since I was 15! Back then, it could have been Korel Raye or Shaun Roger (the boy I liked who is now DH name! - even though now, I don't like the idea of a junior)
I have also liked over the years, Ariel (BIG little mermaid fan! haha), Alysia, Ava (my top choice before I got pregnant, but then discovered how popular it is getting!), Jacy ... and now a name that I never even thought of at all until I was already pregnant - Gwen.. AND I mention it once to DH and he falls right into love with it... sooooo it looks like that might be the winner! It's almost like the baby is naming herself!
Now for a middle name it needs to be at least two syllables and I want something earthy or to do with the moon, but I haven't found anything that I love.. though possibly Selene? hmmm

As for boys.. we haven't thought about it too much- the pendulum has spoken and I believe it! haha However, we are having an ultrasound and finding out the sex.. so we'll have lots of time if we're wrong.
I kind of like Aidan, Hayden and Xavier for boys..
and DH has this tradition (one that I don't love) where the fathers first name is used for the boys middle name.. SHAUN as a middle??? It just doesn't go with anything!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Shannon-- I don't know-- Xavier Shaun ? I kinda like it, and it was the first name I came up with when you said Shaun doesn't go with anything!
. I think Aiden Shaun would be cool, too, but I hope your last name doesn't start with an "S"!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Xavier Shaun is the only one that I really like together.. and our last name is Ryan.. so Aidan Shaun Ryan... sounds kinda Nnnny! hahaha

·
Registered
251 Posts
We are considering Elias or Isaac for a boy and Magdalen or Cedar for a girl.

We've only started batting names around though and definitely haven't talked about middle names.

I love Nora - that is so pretty.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Shannon-- Aidan Shaun Ryan sounds like you're doing a roll call

I was lurking on another forum somewhere and found the name "Moira." I totally fell in love with it. DH says it's great... for an Irish kid
. I told him if we named her Moira she would come out with green eyes and red hair
. Ah well, next time, maybe!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Willowrose
Polkadots, I love Magdalene for a girl. We had Magdalena picked for a girl with our 2nd pregnancy.
Thanks Willow - Funny, I was admiring your names Noah and Asher too.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Quote:
We are considering Elias or Isaac for a boy and Magdalen or Cedar for a girl.
Hah! My sister's youngest is Elias Walden. I just love that name. I think Cedar is absolutely stunning for a girl's name and wish I'd thought of it myself.

We've known for ages what our names will be (hopefully):

Girl - Carys Brynn
Boy - Euan Marsden (may spell that Ewan, not sure yet)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well so far I have only come up with 3 names all of which are boys names! We both really like the name Pierce and also if we named our boy that it would kind of be after my dad who's name is Peter. Then runners up are Bryson and Trevor. No middle names yet though.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.