Mothering Forum banner

What time does your toddler nap once they are down to one nap per day?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what the most common time is. We were doing well with a noon nap for 14 mo, but now he's bucking the system! Hopefully I'll figure out what the new schedule is (why don't they have digital readouts on their foreheads???)

I cannot exist without him taking some kind of nap!!!!! And I know he needs sleep during the day. I'm going to delve into NCSS for toddlers and Good Night, Sleep Tight right now.

Please send nap vibes!!!!

TIA!!

--Adrienne

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I voted 1pm because that's the most common time that she will go down for a nap but it does vary. And of course now she only takes a nap about half the time. Sigh...

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I voted for 11am.

My 18mo ds gets up shortly after 6am, naps for 2 hours starting sometime around 11am and goes to sleep for the night (well mostly anyway) at 6pm.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Tova nap, usually from about 1-3 p.m. She is usually up for the day around 7 a.m. and goes to bed around 8 p.m. Sometimes she wakes in the night to nurse once, or even twice, and sometimes not at all.

Naptime vibes coming your way ... on the occasional day when she decides not to nap, it is very difficult -- for me and her.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Codi gets up about 8 or 9 in the morning and will nap sometime between 1:30 and 5 in the afternoon. She takes a 2 hour nap from whenever she goes to sleep. If she hasn't slept by 5, then I keep her up and just put her to bed early, about 7 or 8. It varies depending on what we're doing and where we are.

Usually it's around 2 if we're at home and not doing anything, so I chose that option.

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
I voted Random. Most days she goes to nap about three hours after waking up (which would be 10ish.) However, at least twice a week we're playing with friends at that time, so she'll go down later. Then theres the weekends when she'll finally crash at around 3pm. She just loves to play with daddy.

ETA: Her naps are usually only an hour long, but every now and then she surprises me with a 2 or even 3 hour nap (I like those days
)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
ever since starting daycare in the mornings ds only takes one nap a day. he gets up at 7am-ish generally naps at 1-ish (usually for 2 hours) and goes to bed around 8pm. typically, he sleeps though the night. he has adapted really well to daycare and losing his morning nap (because he's too busy playing). this way, while he naps in the afternoon i can do housework/homework and then we have an hour or so together before dh gets home and we all hang out together. it took a while to get to this nice routine but it's working out well. i just let him set the pace. some days, if he's busy with new things he just doesn't nap. on those days, he tends to go to bed sooner though

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
My toddler, 2.5yrs old, goes for her nap at 1 and sleeps for about 1.5-2hrs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.