Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm anxious about how my DS will nap at daycare. He cosleeps, and often nurses down to naps. I will sometimes put him in our bed if he's right out, or sometimes I'll just let him nap on my lap.

THe daycare has cribs obviously, and they have a stroller for 'transitioning' (ie they'll rock them to sleep in the stroller, then transition to the crib). I don't know how well that will work. He knows the second he gets put down and is left alone (unless he's nursed down and I can sneak away).

How is it fair for me to expect them to hold him all day?? How can we make this work without using CIO (although letting a babe CIO would be kind of counter-productive at a daycare I guess seeing as it would just wake the other babies).

I 'm hoping I can get them to maybe lay a mat down in the playroom or something...I dunno. Any thoughts, past experiences, or input on napping at daycare in general?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for the reasurance mamas. I'm sure it will work itself out...as daycare time gets closer I'm growing anxious....I think it will be harder on me than on him. I sway back and forth from convincing myself it's a good thing and that he'll thrive and love all the interaction, to feeling like I'll be torn as to what to do (fisnish school, or stay home with babe) if he hates it...I don't want to make him be there if it's not going to work for him/us....although I'm sure it will. I'm getting butterflies in my stomach and tears in my eyes just thinking of leaving him there. I hope I have a good poker face come his first day!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts