Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby is 10 weeks old. He gets fussy an hour and fifteen minutes after waking from his nap because he is ready to nap again. He only naps about 45 min. Is this normal? Occasionally he will take 1, 3 hour nap during the day but not everyday. Is there a way to get him to nap longer? Even when he takes the long nap he still gets fussy an hour and fifteen minutes after waking. Is there any way to put him down for a nap without the fussiness which makes getting out difficult because he requires effort to put to sleep for nap and if he doesn't get to sleep he starts screaming. He is a colicky baby. I tried all sorts of stuff to get the colic to calm down but he seems to get colicky no matter what. I eliminated dairy, nuts, citrus, soy, and cut down on wheat for at least 2 weeks. I even tried reflux medication for 2 days and he was very colicky the 2 days I gave it to him. I tried colic homeopathic remedies. I also breastfeed on one breast per feeding and block feed to make sure I don't have a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. I do all the things that are recommended to calm a colicky baby but he still gets his screaming fits at least once a day for 20 minutes and sometimes 3-4 times a day. I don't know what to do about it and can barely leave the house. I am afraid to go anywhere because he gets so fussy and has colicky outbursts. He is usually happy about 3o minutes after waking from his nap.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts