Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My nearly-6-month-old DD seems to be having changes in her bowel habits again.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is this typical at this age?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So far she's done meconium (days 1 and 2), then very liquid yellow with little whitish blobs a few times a day for a couple weeks, then settled into mustardy smooth yellow once or twice a week for a number of months.  She goes 1-2 times a week, her longest gap has been 9 days and her normal gap is 4-6 days.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So the last 2 or 3 weeks her poo has been stinkier.  Not weanling stinky, but definitely stinkier anyway.  And also thicker.  She's not constipated, or having trouble going, but she does seem to spin a poo out more now - like this time we had 5 days of nothing, a tiny blob on day 6, a bigger smear on day 7 and 2 big thick blowouts today (day 8).  It's like tar!  She isn't ill, she's not on any solids (though a friend's 2yo DID give her croissant last Monday but she just had a flake on her tongue, did not swallow any of it at all as i saw it right as she did it and wiped it off her tongue), she's exclusively breastfed.  She's having about 7 or 8 wet nappies a day (well, i might change her less, but if i do she's more soaked) and her urine is clear or very pale.  Her weight gain has been slow recently, but she's really really long, into 6-9mo size clothes about 4 weeks ago.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>She'll be 6mo on Dec 4th.  Is this just a developmental thing?  I thought solids made bm's more thick and smelly, not age, but then i began DD1 on solids at 5mos so i'm not sure.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>An aside, but possibly relevant, my supply has been inSANE the last few days.  I stopped leaking when nursing when dd2 was about 12weeks, but i began doing so again last week, and this morning i was so so full when i woke up i fed dd until she was fit to burst and then pumped 10oz off (which is fine - i normally pump off 5-7 for a friend's baby anyway, but recently it's been 5 more often than 7).  I haven't woken up with knotted breasts like that since she was 6 weeks old.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any thoughts?</p>

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
<p>sounds just like my ds - right down to the increase in my supply!  i decided it was normal, and now at 7 mo his poops are runny again.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>nak</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts