Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dd is almost 4 months old. I know all babies are different but everything I've read says that babies this age take a morning nap and an afternoon nap. My daughter sleeps WAY more than this. She wakes up at 7am, naps around 8:30 or 9 for about an hour. Then she goes back to sleep at about 11:30, sometimes sooner for about an hour. Then after she wakes up then she goes back to sleep for about an hour or 2. Then she takes about 2 or 3 more hour naps in the late afternoon/evening until she goes to bed around 8 or 9. What's up with all this sleeping? I stimulate her during the day, we play, etc... Is this "normal" (whatever that is)?

·
Registered
420 Posts
hi there the a.m part sounds like babydot!'s napping tho sometimes the second nap is more of a cat nap..... the afternoons vary sometimes she 'll sleep for an hour plus a short nap sometimes she'll take a few powernaps... but shes a few weeks older than your dc if there s company over forget it as she 's GOT to know whats happening LOL

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sounds normal enough. It's the total number of hours of sleep that count with the largest amount at night. Your dd sleeps only about 10 hours at night. Most babies I know at that age sleep 12-14 hours at night. That might be why she naps more during the day to get more hours of sleep in. If it works for your schedule, then great.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My second son was a sleeper. He slept 18+ hours a day until after his 2nd birthday.<br><br>
Yet my 3rd child never slept - she's like her mama - bed at midnight, up at 7, and a short nap in the afternoon, until she gave that up around two, as well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts