Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is what nap time is like for us these days:

DS: Twinkle. (his way of asking me to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.)
Me: Twinkle twinkle little star...
DS: Jack do it.
Me: Okay, Jack sing.
DS: <goofy grin>
Me: <smile> Do you want Mommy to sing it?
DS: Yeah, Mommy sing Twinkle.
DS: No, Jack do it!
Me: Mommy and Jack?
DS: Okay.
DS: Jack do it!
Me: Okay -- let me hear your beautiful voice. <smile and stroking hair>
DS: <rolls over and starts playing with teddy bear>
Me: Okay, sweetie, night-night. I love you. <smooch and start to walk away>
DS: Twinkle!!

:

This has happened the past 3 days. I finally just say, "Time for sleep, honey. I love you." and walk out of the room with him saying, "Mommy! Twinkle!" in a sad voice.
He still falls asleep within 5 minutes, and doesn't cry or anything, but this is my little guy who used to either happily listen to the song and then snuggle down and go to sleep, or sing it with me and then snuggle down and go to sleep.

Is he beginning to learn the "stall" technique? Should I be doing anything differently? Thanks for any insight! (And I know I have it easy if this is my big problem for the day.
:
)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sure sounds like a 'stall' tactic to me. It's a phase, but you should also know that as they get a bit older, their naptimes will gradually get shorter.

Stick to your guns for now.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Sounds like you're handling things well. He probably is trying to stall, like you said. I'd be more concerned if he was crying when you left, or didn't fall asleep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.