Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as women could have never earned the vote without the actions of men, vaccine safety will never become a reality until more doctors and nurses step to the plate. Rights for the underlings are never won without ultimate cooperation, even advocacy, from the elite.

In this case, a doctor lost his son to SIDS. Rather than "looking for something to blame," to cite a pro-compliance canard, he's refusing to stick his tail between the legs with a Coincidence Disorder diagnosis. Instead, he's actively researching the matter. I hope that the one good that can come from these tragedies is a greater wake-up call in the medical community.

http://www.vaccinechoiceprayercommunity.org/blog/nashs-story

·
Registered
18,831 Posts
Brave man. He will be brutally attacked, I'm sure. If the pro-vaccine can brutally attack the parents of chronically ill children, a bereaved parent will just be another piece of meat to be mauled.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Reminds me of the comment I saw on one of the blogs here about how the Australian policy changes are impacting families. It was a GP who was finding the new policies frustrating:

Sadly as GPs we are no longer able to fall back on our own knowledge and experience for opinion...Whilst many independent thinking well educated healthcare workers across the board are well aware of the shortfalls in the vaccination programme...we are quite powerless in terms of the dictate of legislation.
Any GPs who have qualms or issues with the policy and how it is impacting patient care cannot speak out. I know that in speaking to my kids' GP about the whole issue I posted about in the other thread, he said there was nothing he could do. He's bound by the Handbook, ATAGI recommendations, and the legislation.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It's good another doctor is wanting to research the relationship between vaccines and SIDS, but he certainly isn't the first to do this. Hopefully he realizes what he is up against and the serious backlash. Also, he should look at the research already out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts