Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live south of Owensville and North of Cuba, MO. I had my first baby at Whole Health in Columbia, but it was 1 1/2 hrs and am hoping to do a natural birth a bit closer. Any ideas-hospital or homebirth welcome. I would be willing to go to Jeff City, Rolla, Sullivan, Hermann (not Washington--already tried them and it was a lame experience that is how I ended up at Whole Health).

Thanks, Carrie

·
Registered
279 Posts
A local doula (STL) attended a birth in Sullivan at the hospital with Dr. Al' Jamal. The birth was a breech/vag delivery and he was wonderful.

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
Dr. Al-Jamal is no longer practicing in Sullivan.

Beware of Sullivan hospital. It is not a good place to have a baby and an even worse place to go if you're sick or injured.

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
Very recently. I think it was within the past couple of weeks, but I'm not positive. There was an article in the Sullivan Independent News about it--if you go to www.sullivanmo.com you should be able to find a link. Now about all that's left is that crackpot Dr. Tieffenbrun (sp?) and he's induction happy. He isn't even certified to do emergency c-sections, or at least he wasn't a year and a half ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.