Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm getting ready for baby2, and since DS1, I've moved to more "natural" lotions and cremes, which I've read can also be used as diaper lotions, specifically shea butter, coconut oil, honey, and I have a blend from skye botanicals. I plan on reusing Ds1's prefolds, and I remember reading about how only certain lotions could be used w/ cloth diapers because of buildup, but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these types of creams causing problems?

thanks!

· Registered
2,485 Posts
I have used honey & extra virgin olive oil mixed together as well as Bee Balm from Clear Hills Honey without any problems. I have also used Aveno lotion without issues.

· Registered
414 Posts
We use the diaper rash oil by the Homestead Company. I was told that any diaper cream that was white/creamy was incompatible with CDs, and no zinc oxide. I would think coconut oil and shea butter would be ok, but they might stain?

· Registered
238 Posts
We are big fans of the Northern Essence line of diaper salves and creams. If you are concerned about the lotions messing up your diapers, you could always use a liner (disposable or cloth). That would protect your diapers.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.