Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried both the Jason one and the Alba cocoa butter lotions. I didn't find that either had a pure cocoa scent. The Alba was better but comes in such a small bottle. Anyone know of a bigger bottle one that smells cocoa buttery?

ETA: I gave up and went and got Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Butter lotion. It works and smells great and is cheap but I was hoping for a natural alternative. I will keep looking.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I thought Palmers had a stick of cocoa butter which smelt cocoa ish, or something in a stick anyway.

You could of course get natural cocoa butter, warm and melt it, and add some carrier oils to it, so it is softer and easier to use!

·
Registered
530 Posts
We just made some lip balm and deodorant the other night. It was the first time I used my natural cocoa butter. It came in a round plastic tub, hard of course. We grated it to melt for the lip balm, and it started melting in my hand as I grated. It was lovely - I just rubbed it on my arms. You could just buy a small "brick" of it and grate it into a container. I don't remember that distinct cocoa butter smell, and I suspect that is because the commercial lotions use a manufactured fragrance to create that smell (and/or I bought a cheaper grade of cocoa butter).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.