Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who sells a *good* natural big repellant? I mean one that really works! I thought Jack's Magic Beanstalk might, but I couldn't find one there. I'd like to support a WAHM if I can! My poor DS got bit in his sleep last night by some pesky skeeters!

TIA

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I can't remember the names right now, one had Green in the title, but make sure that the main ingredient is soy oil (found by the New England Journal of Medecine to be most effective alternative to DEET).

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I really like Badger Balm Antibug. I've used it on my ds since he was a baby and it has worked really well, even on his sensitive skin. That little tin lasts forever, too. I bought it at Whole Foods/Wild Oats, I don't know if you have one of those near you...

·
Registered
274 Posts
HOMS Bite Blocker - is the brand PikkuMyy is thinking about. the stuff is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! i swear i should buy stock in the stuff the way i rave about it - my dh is working on a phd in forest ecology and he takes our ds into deep deep woods at least twice a week. the stuff works - try it, you'll be a believer (and we've tried *alot* of other ones ...)

mona

·
Registered
105 Posts
PikkuMyy- was it Green Ban? We have it, but haven't tried it yet. I've heard that Buzz Away is as effective as the DEET containing repellants. Can anyone confirm that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts