Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..I am looking for some advice on what to use to keep the fleas at bay! We live in GA where they never really die and I have seen my first one on my pooch this week right after she came in from outside. I was wondering if any of you can suggest a natural repellant. I have some Neem spray from Ark Naturals but am not sure how well it works.<br><br>
I appreciate any guidance!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I hate to say it, but there really aren't any natural products that both work as well and are as safe as Frontline or Advantage. The bad stuff that goes along with fleas--disease, tapeworm, etc.--are so bad that you really do want to both kill them and keep them from establishing a foothold. No natural product that is safe can do that--you can use the genuine herbal poisons, but they're not safe for the pet or the household. Frontline and Advantage are extremely effective AND safe (you could literally drink Fronline and it wouldn't hurt you).

·
Registered
870 Posts
How about flea combs??? (for cats and a bunny). I have tried BOTH frontline AND advantage (along with lots of vacuuming and laundry), and yet our fleas prevail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts