Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
a bay leaf placed here & there in cabinets repels roaches and maybe ants. otherwise any one of eucalyptus, lavender, citronella, and cloves are natural bug repellents. you could get some batches of dried leaves or essential oils and mix up a solution. i have a batch of oils & herbs mixed up in a sprayer and used that to de-bug a rug and other places too. the only thing to take note of is the cloves turn the solution really brown so don't spray it on light fabrics; make a batch without those. i read that spiders hate citronella, so i soaked a cloth with some oil and put it on a broomstick to run it around the ceiling corners and haven't noticed webs since. the only thing i've found that works with aggressive ant infestation are those little round bait traps (sorry!) but those are IMO more effective than sprays, and at least they are contained and not all over surfaces and in your breathing air. hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.