Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I made this term up... did not know how to better phrase it.

So, I had a flu virus of some sort last week (hit me hard), then I had rather major events in my life that I was very nervous about and now I feel my heart, kwim?

I never used to before and now I hear it beating and sometimes I feel like I want to take a deep breath.

Yesterday I measured my blood pressure (in the midst of above-mentioned major event) and it was 140/100 (as opposed to my usual 120/80 that I was so proud of)

My heart rate was 93 while I was sitting down (no running before that either) as opposed to usual 65-70

I know it does not sound too alarming but I do not want to wait until it becomes too bad.

I do not feel any pain, no head-ache or anything and was just wondering if there is anything I can do to calm it down?

Meditation? Aerobics (is it safe? I ususally excersice, but not for the past 2 weeks)? Herbs?
Any particular fruits, vegies, grains, nuts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Garlic is supposed to be good for lowering blood pressure.

Is it possible you are just more "cardiac" aware? I get what they call PACS (premature atrial contractions), which are premature, but not skipped beats, sometimes it makes me feel my heart more.

Cutting back on caffeine may help too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.