Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am breastfeeding and obviously don't want to take antibiotics for this urinary tract infection.

Has anyone successfully taken care of their symptoms at home without antibiotics??

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I've used cranactin and garlic capsules to treat mild bladder infections with good results. Also, you want to limit your caffeine and sugar intake.

If you having lots of pain, and blood, you might want to get abx though.

HTHs! Good luck! Bladder infections are the worst.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I've used blueberries and the herb uva ursi to treat uti, verrrry successfully. Also, decrease your sugar intake, if any. I'm not totally sure if uva is ok with nursing, I will try to look this up, just don't have a spare minute right now, but if you are desperate for some relief you could call a health food/herb store and see if they know. They usually have a reference of some kind. ps, Annie - my husband's name is Makai!!!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Cleared one up for Ds with cranberry juice (not the sewwtened stuff....realy cranberry juice ) and corn silk...the strands at the top of the eary of corn. Use them to brew a tea and drink it up several times a day. Hope it goes quickly....they really suck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts