Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this message in the Health Forum as well, wondered if any of you have wisdom to share.<br><br>
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for something that would naturally boost my son's immune system. He is 11 months old and has no ongoing health problems but he is plagued with constant viruses and infections, the doctor assures me that he is otherwise healthy. He has had pneumonia twice, ear infections, staph infection, rotavirus and various other viruses. He has an allergy to dairy so he avoids anything with dairy in it but other than that has a normal diet. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would take all the wheat products out of his diet and introduce garlic, garlic, garlic. I don't kow the best way to administer it... you could take it if you are BF (the gloves work in the ears too for infections - in drop form).<br><br>
Echinecea for a few weeks, then a break, then ech. for a few weeks. Again in your BM or you can even get a childrens tincture. I have a friend with an adopted child (no BM) and so she gives him this tincture when he is exposed to illness or shows signs himself.<br><br>
Acidopholis... in baby yogurt (some diary can be tolerated even if you have diary sensitivity, or in BM or powder mixed in some good baby food.<br><br><br>
Has your child been Vaxinated? Could this be a trigger for infection?<br><br>
Does your child attend daycare? Another trigger?<br><br>
With more info... more ideas may come.<br>
Nancy

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the ideas. My son has been vaxinated at 2, 4, and 6 months, I had considered giving him the vax for pneumonia and ear infections but decided against it. He does not attend daycare but does have an older sister that plays with lots of other kids and I think she brings him a lot of the germs he gets. Would it be beneficial to remove grains from his diet, I don't know much about this? Are most herbal remedies safe to give to babies, I don't know much about this either? He is the first one in our family to get sick often. Thanks

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
My son has been the same way, he had RSV at 2 months and has been sick with cold viruses, ear infections and respiratory issues ever since. He has a cold right now. Big sis brings alot home with her from pre-school.<br><br>
Felicitymom - Those suggestions sound great to me too and I am going to start supplementing now. I am tired of my baby being sick, even though he is a trooper and doing great otherwise.<br><br>
Any other suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts