Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Was it floravital? It is like floradix but is yeast and gluten free. Thats what I take and give to my kids.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Alfalfa tablets or Alfalfa Tea will support your iron levels. Its full of other very good for you nutrients too!! I am taking the Alfalfa tabs to support my iron levels since they were low with my daughter and I had to take iron suppliments and I hate how those made me feel. yuck! Alfalfa is loaded with vitamins A, D, E, and K, eight digestive enzymes, and numerous trace minerals. It is particularly helpful in late pregnancy because the vitamin K it supplies promotes proper blood clotting, thereby reducing the risk of postpartum hemorrhage.

Here's some natural iron sources that this mom suggests :

http://glutenfreemommy.com/ten-commo...combat-anemia/

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Even more reason to be drinking a homebrew blend of RRL + Nettles

Nettles are super high in iron so I would start drinking a bunch of tea.
My blend I make is equal parts RRL and Nettles then some chamomile, spearmint, alfalfa, oatstraw & touch of lavender. Doing a pitcher a day now!

·
Registered
759 Posts
DDC crashing because I love to see what will ail me a month from now (I'm due in June)

I think I actually got the rec for this from your ddc. It was the Mega Foods Blood Builder. It was recommended to take it with chlorophyll (although I really don't know what the chlorophyll is intended to do). I ordered it from Iherb.com and it has made a huge difference in my energy levels. I am usually anemic during pregnancy and have had no problems this time. I think I owe it to this supplement and the pregnancy tea previous posters have mentioned. Absolutely no constipation either, which is HIGHLY unusual for a pregnant me.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i take liquid chlorophyll, but the version i'm taking is mint flavor and so they put parabens in it, so i wouldn't recommend that. but i know that there is a straight natural non-flavored version out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.