Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hosting the First Annual Michigan Natural Mama Festival that will be held this summer! It will be held in Chelsea, Michigan. ~Vendors,Raffles,Workshops,Entertainment and more!~
All proceeds will benefit a non-profit that supports modest income women and promotes natural childbirth. I need volunteers! If anyone is interested in helping out, please email me here;
[email protected]
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi!
We plan to have some musical entertainment;raffling off of an organic cotton layette set,cloth diapers, a sling and some other goodies;bake sale;vendors of ap friendly products;information booths; a few workshops (baby wearing demo,cloth diaper demo etc),fresh smoothie and tea bar,free door prizes(a small entrance fee will be charged), and lots more. I have a small crew of helpers right now,so I am not exactly sure at this point what I will need help with. When it gets closer i will know more. It would just be nice to have some extra helpers to call if needed.

**If it does well, I'd love to try and do one in Lansing! Do you think there would be alot of interested mamas?
This is a non-profit endevor. All money collected will go to a non-profit organization dedicated to helping low income women. Thanks!~C

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
That sounds really great--I'll keep my eye out for it...if nothing else, I'll plan to attend it! And if you need extra help, feel free to e-mail or PM me and I'll be happy to give you my info so you can call if you need help as it gets closer.
Susan

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Do you know what weekend? Wouldn't it be cool if we could somehow combine this with the MDC 1st Annual Camping Weekend that I'm trying to organize?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrin View Post
Do you know what weekend? Wouldn't it be cool if we could somehow combine this with the MDC 1st Annual Camping Weekend that I'm trying to organize?
well, it will be in July sometime, Im working out what weekend.
I have not heard about your camping weekend. where will it be held? and when are you planning on that happening??

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Chandi...You can read a little more about the camping weekend here and here.

So far, looks like the weekend of July 12-15. We haven't settled on a location yet, because most of the parks aren't taking group reservations until after April 1st.

If you want to brainstorm, and maybe think about combining your event w/the camping trip, feel free to pm me.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pm'd ya!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrin View Post
Chandi...You can read a little more about the camping weekend here and here.

So far, looks like the weekend of July 12-15. We haven't settled on a location yet, because most of the parks aren't taking group reservations until after April 1st.

If you want to brainstorm, and maybe think about combining your event w/the camping trip, feel free to pm me.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'd be interested in coming once you get details worked out. Let us know!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JunipersMom View Post
Where is Chelsea? I would love to attend and help out where I can. I'm a midwife, so I could give information on homebirth and on the newly formed group Friends of Michigan Midwives ([email protected])
Let me know when you get more information on it.
thank you I will refer back to this thread as I need people. I appreciate the help. Chelsea is located about 20 miles west of Ann Arbor.Half hour east of Jackson, its also about an hour from Lansing (not sure of the direction)and 2 hours east of kalamazoo. does that help?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
I let you know on DS but will again here, I am interested in helping witht eh cding. I will also donate a set of "The Four Elements Playsilks" to raffle off.
thats AWESOME thank you sooo much!! I'll keep in touch about what I'll need when it gets closer- right now i am gathering volunteers to keep on stand by (
) and getting all the details worked out of what actually is going to happen
~C

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamachandi View Post
I am hosting the First Annual Michigan Natural Mama Festival that will be held this summer! It will be held in Chelsea, Michigan. ~Vendors,Raffles,Workshops,Entertainment and more!~
All proceeds will benefit a non-profit that supports modest income women and promotes natural childbirth. I need volunteers! If anyone is interested in helping out, please email me here;
[email protected]
Thanks!
just a bump!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.