1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p> </p>
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does anyone here use natural progesterone cream whilst ttc and/or during pregnancy?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have had two pre-term births, two chemical pregnancies and a 12 week miscarriage so am researching all possibles for a healthy pregnancy.</p>
<p>I've been reading about how natural progesterone cream can help reduce risk of miscarriage, and also, can help to prevent preterm birth so this sounds like it could be a good possible for me.</p>
<p>However, I do not know what my progesterone levels are, so it could be that my miscarriages and pre-term births were for some completely different reason unrelated to progesterone.</p>
<p>I just want to feel i'm doing all I can to have a healthy pregnancy.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm under consultant care in the uk, but have been told at an appointment following my 12 week miscarriage, it was 'bad luck' and have never really been given an explanation regarding the pre-term births. I don't think they know.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any info/opinions/advice much appreciated. Thank you :)</p>

·
Registered
19 Posts
<p>Wow, sienna-forever, you have really been through a lot and understand how frustrating it can be when they can't give any explanation.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was prescribed Crinone, a progesterone cream, for support during my luteal phase.  My doctor didn't exactly say that I have a luteal phase defect, but based on when my miscarriages occurred (around 6 weeks), a luteal phase defect may be the culprit.  I've read that losses up to 10 weeks may be related to insufficient progesterone, but it's definitely worth bringing up at your next appt.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Be well!</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts