Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a kid, I had lots of trouble getting to sleep. After high school, I could suddenly sleep very easily, and slept a lot! In the last few months, though, I am never tired enough to sleep! I've tried all the things that used to work, like making sure I have a routine to get to bed, or white noise, or relaxation techniques, or getting up earlier, or getting plenty of exercise. I've also completely cut caffeine out of my diet, which never was a problem before! Even on days when I over work myself, like a big day in the water with family yesterday, I was physically exhausted, but I just couldn't fall asleep!
:

I am not worried about anything while I'm not sleeping, so it's not a matter of stress keeping me awake, either.

I'd love suggestions of natural/homeopathic sleep remedies!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I know you said you tried meditation techniques but have you tried sex?
: That tends to put me to sleep...
I've also used headstands and hand stands to help me sleep. I have a real problem with my brain just not shutting off

On the supplement side: Melatonin, valerian, magnesium, chamomile, SAM-e can all be helpful. L-theanine is also one often recommended, its an anxiety reducer.
homeopathic wise, the only one I remember off hand is Calms Forte. Only problem I've noticed with homeopathics is that they work..or they don't If they work, its what you needed. If they don't, you didn't need that particular formula.
Good luck in your search, I know that some ladies are going to add to this list

1 - 2 of 2 Posts