Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be TMI, but I'm itchy! I don't have any odor or discharge. But I'm itching on the outside. Everything I've read has said to not self-diagnose, what do you all think?

Also, I know there are natural ways to treat yeast infections, but I'm not sure exactly what to do. Help!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Danielle,

It could also be BV (bacterial vaginosis). I had just a bit of itching, too, and that's what I had.

Yesterday at my appt my leukocytes tested high (white blood cells) so I did a urine sample for the lab and it came back negative for a uti (yay!) but I still have some itching so I think it may be that the bv didn't go away...

Check out http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/ and scroll down to the Table of Contents. They have sections on vaginal infections and UTI's that offer natural remedies.

Make sure to drink LOTS and LOTS of water, too. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
here's a few things that always help me keep a maybe yeast infection from getting too bad. i cut out sugar - and most carbs, drink lots of water, eat plain yogurt or yogurt sweetened with just fruit, take a probiotic, try to air out as much as possible (like no underwear or pants at home) and if you need to wear bottoms, change your underwear very frequently, or wear a cotton panty liner and change that often throughout the day.

aja

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I checked out the website Pepper, and I had already started using hydrogen peroxide on the outside, but maybe I'll try the inside too.

What about acidophilous pills? Should I still call my doctor on Monday? Just in case?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Ok- this might me more information than anyone needs but I swear it works- insert a peeled clove of garlic internally overnight- believe me it will kill the yeast (and any change you'll be getting any action that night as well.)

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
i did the garlic thing recently and it worked great. you have to peel it very carefully, because if it gets nicked it will sting. i held it in my mouth for a little while first to make sure it wasn't too strong or anything.

i was suprised what a difference this made in one night.

aja

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
for mild itching like that, I like to dip my finger in some cold plain yogurt and just put that little bit where it itches. ahhhhhhh...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've used this a few times this pg when I felt itchiness coming on...
A half-ounce of water, add three or four drops of pure tea tree oil. Dip a cotton ball to soak up the liquid, and wash yourself down there. It takes care of the itching instantly. (Tea tree is an anti-fungal, anti-bacterial essential oil.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.