Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be TMI, but I'm itchy! I don't have any odor or discharge. But I'm itching on the outside. Everything I've read has said to not self-diagnose, what do you all think?<br><br>
Also, I know there are natural ways to treat yeast infections, but I'm not sure exactly what to do. Help!!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I think I've used gentian violet before. It wasn't a bad inf. just ext itching, like you said. It was a bit messy, but not too bad. Although everytime I looked down and saw "It" bright purple.... :LOL Was a bit of a shock.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Danielle,<br><br>
It could also be BV (bacterial vaginosis). I had just a bit of itching, too, and that's what I had.<br><br>
Yesterday at my appt my leukocytes tested high (white blood cells) so I did a urine sample for the lab and it came back negative for a uti (yay!) but I still have some itching so I think it may be that the bv didn't go away...<br><br>
Check out <a href="http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/" target="_blank">http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/</a> and scroll down to the <b>Table of Contents</b>. They have sections on vaginal infections and UTI's that offer natural remedies.<br><br>
Make sure to drink LOTS and LOTS of water, too. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
here's a few things that always help me keep a maybe yeast infection from getting too bad. i cut out sugar - and most carbs, drink lots of water, eat plain yogurt or yogurt sweetened with just fruit, take a probiotic, try to air out as much as possible (like no underwear or pants at home) and if you need to wear bottoms, change your underwear very frequently, or wear a cotton panty liner and change that often throughout the day.<br><br>
aja

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I checked out the website Pepper, and I had already started using hydrogen peroxide on the outside, but maybe I'll try the inside too.<br><br>
What about acidophilous pills? Should I still call my doctor on Monday? Just in case?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Ok- this might me more information than anyone needs but I swear it works- insert a peeled clove of garlic internally overnight- believe me it will kill the yeast (and any change you'll be getting any action that night as well.)

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
i did the garlic thing recently and it worked great. you have to peel it very carefully, because if it gets nicked it will sting. i held it in my mouth for a little while first to make sure it wasn't too strong or anything.<br><br>
i was suprised what a difference this made in one night.<br><br>
aja

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
for mild itching like that, I like to dip my finger in some cold plain yogurt and just put that little bit where it itches. ahhhhhhh...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've used this a few times this pg when I felt itchiness coming on...<br>
A half-ounce of water, add three or four drops of pure tea tree oil. Dip a cotton ball to soak up the liquid, and wash yourself down there. It takes care of the itching instantly. (Tea tree is an anti-fungal, anti-bacterial essential oil.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts