Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Is there something homeopathic or natural that I can take to help ease my anxiety. I have an anxiety disorder- it has been great for the last few years but it's starting to creep back up again. I'm bfing so I don't want to take anything too harsh. Does anyone know what is safe for me to take and that will work while I"m bfing?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamillie
Try Bach's Rescue Remedy.
It comes in cream and drops, but I can only speak for the drops: they work GREAT.
Leaving for the drug store now!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I go to a holistic chiropractor and he gave me these drops that I can take up to 4 times a day called EEP(forgot the maker) it's all natural and he said he's taken people off of major anti-anxiety and anti-depressent medication like Paxil and Prozac.

Sarah

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I am in search of something for my anxiety as well. Last night one of my friends recommended a magnesium supplement called "Calm." She's going to bring me a pamphlet on it tomorrow.

I'm so glad I found this thread. Now I have other ideas from you all.
:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Right now I am reading Alternative Cures by Bill Gottlieb. I highly recommend trying all the alternative stuff you can but, I have a hard time with natural doctors that feel their way is the only way. I have tried really hard to manage my symptoms with diet, exercise, supplements, and behavior modification all have helped so much. However, I am considering that it may be time for traditional medication. So try everything you can just don't suffer.

Anxiety & Panic Attacks
Relaxation-yoga & breathing
Kava Kava
Relaxation tea w/ valarium
Positive thinking

Depression
5-HTP
SAM-E
Fatty Acids- omega-3, DHA & EPA
St. John's Wort
Magnet Therapy
Natural Light
Exercise
Music

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Wow! I'm glad I found this thread! I've suffered from an anxiety disorder for years. After being a guinea pig for almost any drug there is out there, I finally couldn't take the side effects and the pill popping and the wasted money anymore. I took myself of of all medication a year ago.

Anyways, it's great to not be pharmeceutically dependant any longer. I found Bachs Rescue Remedy, and that's helping tremendously. I will try the other suggestions as well...

thanks for this thread!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm glad I lurked too. I love rescue remedy-I should buy it in bulk. I sometimes take a skullcap tincture-that and lots and lots of cups of cammomile tea. Lately 've also been taking 400 mg of magnesium. I have noticed a difference.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I second (or third) Rescue Remedy.
I have the spray and use it about every 15 minutes when I'm having anxiety.
Skullcap tincture or tea works really well too, but I can't take that during the day because it makes me too sleepy.

I've tried just about all the natural remedies out there and those two work the best for me.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I am so happy I found this thread. I have suffered with anxiety (as have all the women in my family) for years. It has been under control until about 4 weeks ago. Under tons of stress....selling house, moving from GA to NY, finding house, going back to work full time, daycare, not enough $....I could go on, but I don't want to cause a panic attack

Anyway, dh, dd and I are staying with my parents for a few weeks and I totally broke down this evening to my Mom. Hysterical. I am just so fed up with the power this anxiety has over me. I hate it! I told her that if I weren't BFing, I would get an Rx for something. She gave me her therapists number and I am going to call in the morning, but I am so excited to try the Rescus Remedy and other supplements in addition.

One of my major physical symptoms is palpitations (checked out by doc., EKG fine). Has anyone had relief from this with the Rescue Remedy? This is the one symptom I just can't handle, and it's the one I am having the most of right now....go figure!

I hate it that all of us have this issue because it is so hard, but I'm glad to know that I'm not alone! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Philomom....thanks for the kind words! I will pm you a pic of Hannah when the dust settles here......hope you are well (besides the melting).

Stephanie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you had your hormone levels checked? Anxiety can be a symptom of low progesterone and/or low thyroid. I was having some anxiety, and had my hormone levels checked. I had quite low progesterone and low thyroid My doctor precribed me natural bio-identical progesterone that I had made for me at a compounding pharmacy. It comes in a cream that you apply to the skin. She also prescribed a natural thyroid pill. It has worked wonders. I really feel so much better. I also take a magnesium and b-complex supplement.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts