Mothering Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
My favorites are Kava and skullcap, Though calcium/magnesium is good to take every day. When i feel a panic attack coming on i reach for the Rescue Remedy, it works wonders.

· Registered
9,830 Posts
I've dealt with an anxiety disorder for many years. I had a therapist suggest Valerian Root...I take it twice a day, and it works wonderfully at controlling my anxiety. It smells really awful, but it works!

For sudden anxiety attacks, I keep a bottle of Rescue Remedy spray in my purse.

· Registered
174 Posts
Question about St. John's Wort - I know it can help with depression, but what if your depression comes with anxiety/panic? I read that one of the side effects of SJW is restlessness. A person with anxiety/panic certainly doesn't need that. I have been thinking about SJW and even bought some, but I'm a little afraid of the side effects.

· Registered
5,056 Posts
I have also had great results with a homeopathic remedy called Argentum Nitricum (for anxiety, fear & panic attacks).

I have had great results using Argentum Nitricum & Rescue Remedy at the same time when I have felt my heart starting to race.

I have also used the essential oil, Frankincense, and I just hold the bottle under my nose & smell it in. It has a calming effect on the emotions.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.