Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know of any herbs, vitimins or natural things I can do to help in this area?<br><br>
We won't be TTC for awhile yet.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
We have severe male factor, and did a tonne of research about supplements. Unfortunately, nothing really helped our situation, but there are women on MDC who swear by some of this stuff.<br><br>
-Guaifenessin (ie: mucinex or robitussin) can help thin things out a bit, in both of you, which can be a good thing. We actually did see an improvement in viscosity with this.<br>
-amino acids: L-Arginine is what we used and found the most research to support, but some women on here have also used it in combination with another a.a. (Tyrosine, I think?)<br>
-vit C helps with agglutination issues<br>
-other supplements: B complex, Selenium, Folic Acid, Vit E<br><br>
Bach& Bach have a good, basic book called "Nutritional Healing", which covers dosages and such, but you can also find these things on the internet if you just google the particular supplement and "sperm count", or something along those lines.<br><br>
The other things, which I'm sure you have heard about are avoiding briefs, hot tubs/saunas, alcohol and smoking, and pot or other "recreational" drugs.<br>
Also, if your partner had mumps as a child or pre-teen, this is apparently a risk factor for sperm quality issues later on.<br>
And, keep in mind that it takes three months to see a change in sperm quality, so whatever you guys do, keep it up for at least three months so you can see the results.<br>
Good luck with this.<br>
Katia

·
Registered
22 Posts
What has helped us a bit was....<br>
L-Carnitine 990ml = 3 pills a day<br>
zinc<br>
folate<br>
magnisium<br>
vit C<br>
DHA<br>
Daily vit<br>
selinium<br>
I asked him to stay away from hot baths and all alcohol.<br><br>
When Dh took these bang on every day, waited the 72 days for sperm production and abstained for 5 days before IUI we had a 10 mill count. Up from less than 1 mill.<br><br>
However, we are still TTC<br><br>
Good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
DH took fertilaid for men supplement which has several different vitamins and herbs. Worked for us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts