Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There!

Does anyone have any natural remedies for warts? It's just one of the regular ones that people usually get on a finger, but it's stubborn and is hanging around.

THANKS!

Trinitty.

·
Registered
540 Posts
duct tape---there is a protocol that really works but it takes awhile like all wart treatments--google "wart duct tape"

hth
nak, of course

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Soak the wart in in hot water. put duct tape on it. Next day do the same, but then leave the duct tape on til it falls off. (Don't soak.) Replace as needed for 30 days.

Worked for us!

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
I have tried duct tape for 3 months. Sometimes it works for some people, sometimes not. But I have also heard that acv and tto work well. I have been applying tto to my plantar about twice a day and it is dramatically reduced. It got much better after I scraped it with the pumice and then applied the tto. It takes several weeks. But it is easier than worrying about keeping the stupid duct tape on. It never would stay on for me.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I tried everything on my dd and what finally worked(and was the last thing I tried thinking it was silly) was rubbing the wart area with the inside of a banana peel 1-2 x a day for 2-3 weeks.That finally worked.Wished I had tried it first.Best wishes whatever you find to work.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I am using acv on my kids plantars warts right now. I feel like it is taking forever. They are definately smaller but they won't go away.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Breastmilk. I'm not kidding.

Story: My husband has had two warts on his thumb for years. He's tried the doctor's burning or whatever insane thing they do to them, he's tried the liquid nitrogen, and he's tried every over the counter med possible. (Why? I don't know...I guess they bug him that much.) A few months ago after DS was born I read somewhere (was it Mothering magazine?) that breastmilk was also good for warts. He was skeptical and didn't want to try it. Every night I convinced him to do a "treatment": I either put a few drops directly on the warts for a few minutes or I soaked some gauze and he kept it on there for about 20 minutes. In a couple of weeks they were gone! Poof! After years!

He was totally amazed, "What exactly are you feeding my son?"

ETA: sorry, i looked at your siggy pic and thought at first you were bf-ing, but now i read closer the future part, so maybe our remedy isn't that helpful

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lrlittle
Breastmilk. I'm not kidding.

(
But it might be helpful to someone else looking for similar treatment options!

http://www.macalpine.org/misc/cnn_headline.html

Quote:
A compound in breast milk has been found to destroy many skin warts, raising hopes it might also prove effective against cervical cancer and other lethal diseases caused by the same virus.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts