Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have to share this, and I am sure some of you more experienced MoMs have had this happen...

My boys were nursing this afternoon (I was sitting up on the floor cross legged, and they were sort of kneeling in front and chowing down) and the one looked over, while still latched, and pushed the other off the breast and starting sampling his side! Naturally, the victim was not happy, but I had to contain my laughter! This is the first out and out naughty thing they have done - and he really had a naughty look on his face! I wonder if he was thinking that the other twin had the better side?

On another note..can I complain? My boys are teething (I assume) and are nursing like crazy! I checked out the No Cry Sleep Solution from the library which had helped a lot with our sleeping around here, but I did not get too comfortable too quickly by a few nights of improved sleep! They have been nursing at night for sometimes 3 hours straight! When they are latching they manage to chomp down just a bit so I can feel their little chompers (classic two on top, two on bottom) , and I am getting these sore ducts or something
which I assume is from increased feedings? What is that? On top of that they did not nap very much today (wake at 6am, 20 minutes nap at 9, 10 minute nap at 3...although one twin passed out in the backpack while I grocery shopped). And I spent all this time trying to get them to sleep because they were out of their minds tired and crabby and at the same time felt guilty for neglecting my other children. Wah! Horrible horrible day. Wah. Oh wait, there is a smilie for that:
And yes, I, at one point, had to leave the room and sob on the bathroom floor and my big kids came in to comfort me, poor things, and after asking why I was crying, my daughter said, "Why did God make it so hard for babies to get to sleep?" I squeezed out something about maybe growing in holiness or something, but was still wondering the same thing. All I could think was, "it won't always be like this..." And it's not now. I blasted those little kittens with ibuprofen and Hyland's teething tabs (the trip to the store was needed!) and they sleep soundly now! I also picked up more coffee for tomorrow. Ohhh...I just got a little butterfly of happiness just typing the word "coffee"....ahhhh....

Blarg! Thanks for letting me blarp all over the place. Wisdom from anyone who has experienced such poo?

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Mine are 5 mo older than your's and as I laid awake 2 nights ago for FIVE HOURS flat on my back while they nursed the whole time, I was thinking up insane plots to get them to stop. I must've tried every 5 minutes to get a pinky in there and unlatch but no go there. I was at the point of tears yesterday because I was so tired. And I can ONLY complain here because everyone that I know IRL does sleep training.

I'm assuming it does get better. I do know when mine were that age and teething, it was hurting a lot. Never biting but the pressure from the teeth. I was just really strict with myself about allowing positions that did not hurt and immediately stopped latches that did hurt.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
oh the teething! Sometimes I wonder. . . will it ever stop? Must you be attached to my breast all. the. time.? Why does my dh not understand that bf practically 24/7 is exhausting and I DO NOT WANT YOU TO FLIRT WITH ME BY PLAYING WITH MY BOOBS RIGHT NOW. I don't know why God made it so hard for babies to sleep. Really good question from that LO. Thankfully my mom was here yesterday as dd was having a huge screaming fit, I know it hurts to have those sharp teeth poke through your innocent gums but can you stop crying for 5 seconds please? I wondered yesterday, why can't they just be born with all their teeth? Or why can't it take 1 really painful second for them to pop up and not weeks and weeks. . .

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Oh EsaEsa. Glad your mom's around. I'm with you on the DH. Mine thinks that sitting on the couch nursing must be relaxing time. And ok, sometimes it is. But when the girls are alert and squirming . . .

Loved the story about one twin pushing the other off the breast and sampling! So funny! Grass is greener even at this age, huh?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Had to chime in and say I'm right there with you. I'm so sick of sleeping on my back with my breasts hanging out in the breeze cause there is no reason to put them away, a babe will be on them in a moment.

Yes we're teething here too. Molars. I'm so tired of sick, teething babies. Add a cracked, blistery nipple and I'm ready to drop them off at the neighbors. At least until they're done teething.

My boys do the nursing switcheroo thing too. Except it's usually when one guy unlatches to look at something, the other one will sneak over and suck on the other side. Then the one who initially unlatched turns back to nurse only to find his brother is already there. Then he starts whining and freaking out. Cracks me up every time.

Hang in there mommas!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.