Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else still getting bouts of nausea sometimes? Mine are not every day but usually are in the morning if I am going to get them. With dd, all nausea was gone by my 2nd trimester but with this one, I still am getting it occaisionally - it is very frustrating.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Sorry
That sucks. No nausea here, but a new aversion to baked or sauteed chicken. blech. I can eat canned chicken like in chicken soup, and I think I could do boiled and shredded like in mex. food, but any grease present and NO WAY!!

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
It depends on:

1. How long it's been since I've eaten
2. What I eat
3. How quickly I eat

I don't get nauseated...I just gag...it's weird.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i gag, too and have little bouts of nausea here and there, which i still attribute to the partial dose of prenatals i take a day. i mostly have a yucky taste in my mouth (nothing metallic or weird, just bad taste) most of the time, which just keeps me eating or chewing gum constantly.

but i think the gagging at least is because i'm not drinking near enough water, even though i feel like i am. i actually started gagging frequently after my 1st daughter was born 3 years ago...she was a constant nurser for a long, long time (although she weaned herself a few months ago), so i was constantly drinking water, but also gagging when it had been a while since i last drank.

so now, i'm pretty sure that's why i'm still gagging. also, of course, if i don't eat every couple of hours.

i hope your nausea ends soon.

·
Registered
750 Posts
me too. nausea and lots of gagging. Sorry to hear you're having it to.

I am pretty sick of the gagging, and sometimes I think the nausea would be better if I would just throw up already...oh well...it's worth it in the end right!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I'm still on my meds (diclectin) cuz everytime I stop I go back to puking. It was the same way with my son, so I'm not surprised. I have to be careful around the Christmas treats, cuz eating junk makes me sick really, really quickly (because I overindulge!).

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I am also still nauseous, but it is SO much better than in the first trimester. I haven't thrown up since 14 weeks, but I still have daily low-grade nausea. I am sort of getting used to it. Slowly my food aversions are decreasing, and I now am happy that I can eat much of my normal diet again. However, I get extra nausea after taking my daily supplements (fish oil, probiotics, etc) or dairy products (which I have cut way back on as a result.) I just count my blessings that the severe, severe sickness I had in the first trimester did not persist. I can live with this if I have to.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Here too!! It came back about a week ago and its only in the morning, Im assuming from the long period of not eating. My nausea actually has been waking me up at 4 am and I have to go eat something!!! Jeez!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Still sick here, it's annoying. My gag reflex is out of control and I'm still getting sick, but it's not as often as it was in the first tri. At this point the gaging is worse than the puking which makes no sense
I figure it'll end when the baby arrives in April, can't go on forever.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Blech I woke up this morning and promptly started dry heaving. Ughh I haven't done that since I was about 15 weeks or so. I hope I don't start all over again with that awfulness. The hypersensitive gag reflex never went away but I can handle that for the most part. The nausea and puking and dry heaves in the morning I can do without though.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yeah, I'm still getting bouts every couple weeks. Much better than the 24-hour nausea of the first 4 months, that's for sure.

Usually it happens when I'm in the shower. It might just be that I'm getting overheated.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've been nauseous for the past three days or so if I don't eat in time. Then it's hard for me to eat
So far no throwing up, but I've come close. I was one of the lucky ones with minimal morning sickness in the 1st trimester so this is a big surprise. Glad to hear I'm not alone- I just talked to DH about it tonight and he said I should check it out online to see if it was common- and apparently it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.