Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we decided to keep our newborn DD in the same infant seat (not get a new one with higher height/weight limits) and move her to a convertible when she outgrows our old Combi bucket. Our next question is what to move her and older DS into this summer.

I was thinking about putting then 6 month DD in the Radian 80s RF (obviously) because we already own two of them. I thought about getting the Nautilus for then 3yo DS but he's been very jealous of his sister. He doesn't want her to play with the "baby toys" because they are HIS stuff, etc. Now I'm worried he will hate the car seat if we move him out of it. Maybe he will be less "territorial" in a few months but since I don't know for sure I'm worried about buying it now with the 25% off at BRU. Any thoughts about the pros and cons of those two seats? Would there be any advantage to getting 2 more Radians?

Sorry this is so scattered but DS is all over me upset about the attn DD is getting this evening. TIA

· Registered
2,485 Posts
Hopefully he will be used to being a big brother by then. But Im a little confused by your post so let me ask a few questions first. Do you have 2 DC? And you already own 2 radians? If thats the case you could put one child in each. (Or if you are like me you were distracted while posting and didnt get out what you were trying to think about as you were saving your keyboard and mouse from little hands lol)

· Registered
570 Posts
fwiw just a consumer opinion-the nautilus came highly recommended and i HATE it. crotch strap too far back/have to dig it and the arms straps out every.single.time, straps get twisted easily, have to use a belt clip in older cars which is a PITA, cheap uncomfortable material.
it's comfy enough that my dd has never complained but it sure doesn't seem as comfy as her old britax.

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KatieT -- Sorry I wasn't clear, we have one in each car. We'll use the infant "bucket" for as long as possible but it probably won't be more than a few more months. I think by the time DD is 7 or 8 months old she'll outgrow it by height. DS outgrew it by height and weight by 6 months.

Coloradomama1 -- I was thinking the Nautilus looked a little less "substantial" than the Radian. I'm really leaning toward just getting two more Radians although the cost is pretty crazy...

· Premium Member
7,106 Posts
The padding on the NAuT and RA is pretty much the same...pretty flat compared to Britax or TF...and the RA doesn't have lock offs either so a clip would be nessiary for cars without locking belts on both.

I have both seats and I like them pretty much equally. The Naut is way easier to install than the RA is FF....at least in my car...

ETA: I have heard that the buckle is way back on some kids...but mine is a peanut at 45lbs and almost 6 yeras old so it isn't an issue for us...

· Registered
503 Posts
The key to the crotch strap in the Nautilus is too make sure the child is sitting properly in the seat. You need to have their bum clear back against the seat...IOW...they can't be slouching. IMHO...the Nauti is probably one of the best deals in carseats. I'm completely sold on them. When DD is done RF we will be buying a second one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.