Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so now I am freaking out! I was looking through my diaper stash this morning and I realized that all of my fitteds (OK, almost all) are newborn size and my wool is almost entirely size small. Let me tell you what I have and you can tell me if it will work with newborn fitteds.. or if I have an excuse to go and buy some more wool :LOL
1 small KP
1 small Bijou Baby Gear
2 Flams
1 nb BBH WIO
1 small Tootsweet
and some soakers and longies I knit myself, the longies are bigger, but the soakers should fit right away....plus I can make some more before the baby comes.
How much wool do I need for a newborn? I did ...shudder, sposies with DS, so I am clueless! I have a bazillion fitteds, but my wool worries me. I also have a few fleece covers just in case all of my wool is being washed at one time! but they are just for back up, as I really prefer wool.
TIA

·
Registered
929 Posts
I'm kind of in this situation, too. I have only one nb wool cover, and two soakers knit by me. Then I have two small covers, and maybe one other soaker that will work. I have a dozen nb fitteds, and some flats, and two small diapers (also 9 growing greens os that I hope will work for smalls). I really don't think I have enough covers, but I hesitate to buy any more nb sized covers, b/c ds was over 8 lbs at birth, and I don't even know how much I'll actually use covers since it's summertime.
I would think about how big your ds was at birth and how quickly he gained weight, and go by that. But I think we both need at least one more cover in nb size
!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Well, I've used every stinking soaker I knit and then some in the last 10 days :LOL We change about 8-10 times during the day and each time she gets a new soaker b/c she pees sooo much. (who knew a tiny little baby could pee so much?!?!?!) I"d have at least 8-10 soakers/covers so you have plenty to use while some are airing out etc. I also keep 4 PUL covers on hand as well and usually use those at night b/c there's no compression wicking.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvMy2Kidz
Well, I've used every stinking soaker I knit and then some in the last 10 days :LOL We change about 8-10 times during the day and each time she gets a new soaker b/c she pees sooo much. (who knew a tiny little baby could pee so much?!?!?!) I"d have at least 8-10 soakers/covers so you have plenty to use while some are airing out etc. I also keep 4 PUL covers on hand as well and usually use those at night b/c there's no compression wicking.
Aaack! You're kidding me! i better get knitting! :LOL

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by anamama
I really don't think I have enough covers, but I hesitate to buy any more nb sized covers, b/c ds was over 8 lbs at birth, and I don't even know how much I'll actually use covers since it's summertime.
I would think about how big your ds was at birth and how quickly he gained weight, and go by that. But I think we both need at least one more cover in nb size
!
DS was over 8 lbs at birth too, but I have no idea how quickly he grew! I think I may have selective memory when it comes to us using sposies!

This one is Due in October, so I'm sure we won't be going coverless very often, ugh, now I'm really worried, but at least i still have time to get more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.