Mothering Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I hate to tell the "NO" county, but if they are changing your adoption contract, they are in violation of federal and state law. And if they haven't given you the right to appeal their decision they are violating your US and NC right to due process. I can't even begin to tell you how many other laws have been broken regarding this. The kicker is that they are making these changes outside of the law and not informing families of this. And would you like for me to tell you how I know this?

Here is a quick run down of what we've been through in the past 3 years regarding fighting a "NO" county for vendor payments for our daughter:

2 Local level appeal hearings

2 State Level appeal hearings

1 Oral Argument at the NC Hearing and Appeals in Raleigh

1 Judicial Review in front of a Superior Court Judge with our attorney fighting against the NC Attorney General and County Attorney.

Guess what...The Superior Court Judge rendered a judgement against NCDHHS and our county and we now have a Superior Court Order.

The fact is, they are just trying to save money, but they are violating the law and hurting families in the end.

Feel free to contact me if I can help anyone. What is being done, is just wrong. Worse yet, it is unlawful.

· Registered
1 Posts
We are adoptive parents, but in the county our child was adopted through we constantly have problems and delays getting the yearly vendor's payments approved. Our daughter has ADHD and ODD and our challenges are the same on a daily basis. She has problems with social skills and very active to mention a few. Every after school program she has ever been in removes her because of her attitude and other problems. We have our child enrolled in a relative owner/operator Child care, respite care and tutorial program. Behavior Health has written a plan and a response that our child needs a daily structured environment that will keep her safe and monitor the safety of others. But we were denied approval stating these are regular family expenses. I have appealed this denial. But I just don't understand how or why if we as adoptive parents from back as far as 2000 - 2005 would be have these major problems with the counties considering we were told these funds would be available originally.

Marie

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Cutlermarie, congrats to you on filing an appeal. If you need any help, trust me, I have been through several and understand how they operate, please feel free to email me and I will do my best to help you.

· Registered
1 Posts
Everytime I contact my worker for something I am told that it is no longer covered! I was told that it would pay for extra curriculkar activities and now I am being told no also tole about daycare now it a no. Then I was told private school and now I am trying to see if that is covered. I am concearned about all of the changes and never being notified about the changes???? My worker Kim Williams never gives me information!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.