Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I am an experienced doula and CBE, have a bachelor's degree in a non-midwifery field, and I have connected with a CPM locally who is eager to have me as an apprentice.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like to have a MEAC-accredited distance program to accompany my apprenticeship with this amazing midwife. I will be working with her to open a birth center, as well as attending home births (I have attended approx. 15 home births already with her as a doula). My state does not license CPMs, but they are also not illegal here. There is a very active group working toward licensing.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any reflections on these two schooling options, Midwives College of Utah vs. NCM? I don't hear much about the Utah program on MDC or elsewhere, but it looks so professional to me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My doula partner, who has a MSW, will possibly be studying and apprenticing with me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not interested in the PEP process.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'd be grateful for your insights!</p>

·
Registered
64 Posts
<p>Which state are you in? imo, licensing is not necessarily a good thing. kwim? how does licensing benefit mothers and babies? it only benefits the state with revenue. I would love to live in a state where midwifery isn't licensed and isn't illegal.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts