Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not very familiar with the law in Nebraska, but when I opted my ds out of the cp vax, the nurse told me that he would HAVE to have it before kindergarten anyway. Does anyone know if there is a waiver I can sign in the public schools? I know the daycares and private preschools have offered me a waiver...I was hoping it was the same for ps. Thanks!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm not for sure about this but when my sister looked into it she was told you could get a waiver if it was for medical or religious reasons but supposedly they look into it.....for example they would call to talk to your priest or dr.....Her daughter doesn't start school for 2 yrs so they aren't sure yet how it works. That's all I've heard. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I wasn't aware that they were so rigid about checking into the basis of your religious exemption here. The exemption form I've seen online doesn't even have a place for you to state what church or religious affiliation you are claiming, to even become exempt from vax's. period. It only requires the printout of the form including your signature and the child's name and that it has to be notarized.<br>
I am about to start my son's vax soon when he turns 2 (none yet!). I have not had good luck with licensed daycares being very helpful with or without filed exemtions, and am hoping the school system is not so difficult to deal with.<br>
I'm anxious to see other people's experiences in this department.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
<a href="http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/nebraska.htm" target="_blank">http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/nebraska.htm</a><br><br>
Omaha public schools have their own exemption where afaik you can pick and choose what you want and don't want your child to have. We have a full religious exemption as my kids aren't vaxed at all and had no problems last year w/ OPS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts