Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone

my dd wets herself a lot, both at night and in the day, and has always had this tendency. She has been tested for urine infections many times and always been clear. She does sometimes refuse to go to the toilet when we ask her to go (and if we don't ask, she doesn't go at all), not wanting to interrupt what she's doing. It's just a little bit coming out.
My homeopathic dr ,using a pendulum, came up with phosphorus, which she is taking. It seems to be a bit stress related (ie she didn't do it so often during the summer), but not entirely.
A urinologist has suggested we go into hospital and check whether it's a reflex thing, the urine going the wrong way, then leaking (??) - it means a night in hospital. I am convinced it's something to do with her sensitivity, her weak spot. dh wants to exclude physical causes.
Anyone got any experience with this??
oh, it also doesn't seem to bother her when she's wet.
thanks for any help

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, particularly marlena for reminding me to be precise!
We are going to check the reflux thing on monday. I am a bit worried about it myself as Polish hospitals are not generally friendly places. It's more of a problem for me than for her though, it seems.
She has been wetting herself nearly every night since starting school again, but now she goes in school and wets herself once or twice in the afternoon.
I remind her to go, but I don't want it to become a power struggle if she refuses, so sometimes I leave it to her and then regret it when she wets herself again...
mil says it's about her getting cold and we should 'dress her' more warmly. I think that she knows herself when she is cold...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.