Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I can't move my neck too much to the side or up and down. The muscle is really tight. What can I do to ease the muscles?? I am getting a massage in a couple of days, but I need something to ease it in the meantime.</p>

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
<p>you could try:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>a castor oil pack</p>
<p>magnesium supplement (like naturalcalm)</p>
<p>epsom salt soaks</p>
<p>mag phos cell salt</p>
<p>a homeopathic remedy-bryonia is excellent for things like that where it hurts like heck to move.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>best of luck!</p>

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
<p>Will heat help?  I make rice socks with a tube sock filled with rice and then microwaved.  It's the perfect size to wrap around my neck. </p>

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>I can do the rice pack, but it hurts within minutes of removing the rice. So I try to keep it on as much as possible. But I also don't want to overuse the heat. Is that even possible?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How do I do the Castor oil pack? And the Epsom salt soak? I have a regular small bathtub so my neck doesn't necessarily get to soak no matter how far down I lean in the tub. So the soak would be quite a hard task to accomplish. Lol.</p>

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
<p>I don't personally think you can overdo heat (unless of course you burn yourself!)  I'd keep it on there.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Castor oil pack-just saturate a washcloth you're willing to part with with castor oil, heat it up (you can nuke it) until you're comfortable with the temp and apply.  It's has excellent anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.  The warmth will help too. I usually keep them on for 30-60 minutes.  It will stain clothing, so be aware of that.  I keep my washcloths in a ziploc bag in the fridge.  Do NOT attempt to wash it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For the epsom salt soak, your neck doesn't need to be in the water.  the mag sulf gets absorbed into the body and used to relax muscles.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck!</p>

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<p>Thanks. :)</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts